Every Monday in 2015, I’ll be sharing a different idea to help you save money! Add all of these tips to your frugal repertoire and you’ll be able to save a lot of money this year! I hope you’ll gather a few new ideas or at least some inspiration from this series.
The more I think about it, I really think that being organized is the key to saving money. Not only does my sanity thrive when things are organized in my home, I find our bank account is happier too.
Here are 6 ways being organized helps to save me money:
Know what I already own
Having a spot for everything will help ensure that you know what you have on hand at all times. No need to buy the beans that are on sale because you know that you already have plenty in the pantry! Being organized (or more organized because we can’t be perfect!) stops you from spending money to replace items you can’t find.
I’ll avoid late fees
When you have an organized system in place for paying bills and returning borrowed items on time, you’ll certainly avoid the ugly late fees. Avoid paying late fees by implementing a system that will work for you. I have to tell you a story about the one time I had a late fee on the Visa bill. My bill paying “system” is not how my husband would do it and he suggested I try it his way. His way was to pay off an amount as soon as there was a balance. My way is to pay it once a month on the due date, the balance of the statement in full. As soon as I receive the statement in the mail, I log into our online banking and schedule the payment to be made on the due date. Sure, it may be a larger amount doing it my way, but I’m never late in paying it! My husband has learned to just let me do my thing in that regard. 😉
Have time to plan a menu
When you’re organized, you’ll have time to set aside to plan the menu for the week. I’m a firm believer that having a menu plan in place will save you unnecessary trips to the grocery store and your sanity. In our case, it saves us a ton because we’re avoiding the drive thru and actually eating what we buy from the grocery store.
Have time to cut and use coupons
If you’re a coupon user, being organized means you most likely have some time set aside for printing and organizing your coupons. Which also means you are probably organized to use the coupons at the store to pay rock bottom prices!
Know what projects you have on the go
Let’s pretend that I don’t know all about incomplete projects. (you know, those unfinished sewing and knitting projects that I found…) Every once in a while I get an urge to do something creative. But when I take the opportunity to have an organizing session, I usually discover a few unfinished projects.
Most recently, as I was going through my fabric stash, I found two unfinished projects. A purse, which only needs to have the handles sewn on, and material for a sweatshirt I’ve cut out for my husband. I now have two projects to finish to satisfy my creative urge without spending any more money!
Buy gifts well in advance
When you’re on the ball with upcoming special occasions, you can buy ahead when you find a great deal online or in the store. Helping you to avoid paying full price for something near your deadline.
How does being organized save you money? In what ways would you like to be more organized so you can save more?
See the other articles in this series, here.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Thank you!
Mabel’s Labels has something special in store for all you Shark Week fans! July 5 through July 12, you’ll be able to save 30% off on Personalized Name Stickers with the Shark or Hammerhead Shark Icon!
Shop the Shark Week sale at Mabel’s Labels here >> Shark Week! Get 30% off Personalized Shark Name Stickers
Got a shark-loving fan in the house? Here are some fun facts about sharks:
- Sharks can be fussy eaters. Sometimes they will take a bite out of their prey or just sink their teeth in to get a taste before they start really feeding. If they don’t like the taste, they spit it out and move on.
- Like many creatures, including humans, sharks have a large heart with four separate chambers.
- Blue Sharks are the fastest sharks, reaching speeds of 43 mph, but only in short bursts. Their normal speed is 7 mph.
- Experts believe that the whale shark may be capable of living up to 150 years, making it one of the longest-living creatures on Earth.
- A shark’s skeleton is made of rubbery cartilage, like the tip of our noses.
- A shark attack on a human usually occurs in less than 6 feet 6 inches of calm water, and within a relatively short distance from shore.
- Swell sharks received their name from their ability to swallow water and swelling up themselves to appear larger in the eyes of predators.
- The hammerhead shark has the best sense of smell.
- Shark meat has an unpopular image as food, so fish markets and chefs change the name of shark meat to rock salmon, rock eel, huss or flake.
Safeway Dinner Deal
The Safeway Canada Twitter page is back with another great Safeway dinner deal! Get everything pictured above for only $4.99! Today only!
You will get one Classico pasta sauce, one Barilla pasta and one San Pellegrino or Perrier water (750ml – 1L) or Lucerne milk (1L).
To get this deal, show the Twitter picture in-store, and use the PLU number (7 70974 90083). You can print the picture, or show it on your phone.
Offer valid July 6, 2015 only.
Get the kids to a Home Depot this weekend to build a Minions Scooter!
The workshop in on Saturday, July 11. Starts at 10am.
Looking for a hammock for relaxing? Check out this double size Brazilian Style Hammock that is only $28.79 at Amazon.ca! That’s 57% off the regular price of $67.17. Here are some details:
- Hammock bed is 95 by 63-Inch, with a total length of 156-Inch, 450-Pound capacity
- Can be used with vivere No.uhs9 universal space-saving steel hammock stand or No.efhts hammock tree straps (sold separately)
- 1 year limited warranty
Teavana has a great coupon code that will save $10 off your $50 or more purchase!
Use coupon code: TEA10JULY
Expires: July 31, 2015
Not valid on Breville, Tea of the Month Club or Sale items.
Mark your calendars! 7-Eleven is celebrating their birthday on July 11 by giving away free Slurpees!
Stop in between 11am – 7pm on Saturday, July 11.