Here are 5 reasons why I love menu planning and think you should too:
- I only shop once a week. Before I was married, and living on my own, if I wanted to make something specific for dinner I would go to the store that day, thus, making multiple trips each week. Now, I know what we will be eating for an entire week in advance so I can plan my once a week grocery shopping around that specific menu.
- Less temptation to eat out. In other words, we save money and eat healthier this way.
- I have more motivation. I’m tired when it comes time for dinner. Since I have a menu, I don’t struggle for ideas and actually get excited about making dinner, because I already know what I will be making!
- We save money. I go through my pantry before I plan our menu to see which ingredients I have on hand. This way I don’t double up on the ingredients I need, in turn, saving us money each week. Also, I buy less spur of the moment, money grabbing items because, I know I won’t need that item.
- It blesses my husband. He gets to eat a healthy meal everyday, he doesn’t have to listen to a grumpy wife complaining about making dinner, and he can properly unwind after his day! And what husband doesn’t like saving money?
Bonus: I love the variety it provides for us. Most weeks I’ll put a new recipe on the menu, sometimes 2 recipes. I’ve found many favourite recipes this way!
Are you menu planning? Why or why not?