Here’s my update from last week
Well, this is a bit embarrassing, but not many of the dinners I had planned for last week got made! Sienna and I were on our own for a couple evenings and we had a couple of rough days so I opted for the drive thru. Another evening we were invited for dinner to a friends house.
The meals we managed to eat were breakfast every morning, egg salad sandwiches, pancakes, peanutty Asian wraps (twice), and smoothies. Needless to say, we still have quite a bit of stuff in our pantry and freezer!
This week should be different. My Mother-in-Law is coming to visit for a week so we should be going through quite a bit of stuff.
Getting creative with what you have left
At this point in the challenge you may have come to a point where you need to be creative when it comes to using up what you have an abundance of and filling the spaces of those things you wish you could go out and buy.
There are a few great websites out there that will come up with some recipes for the ingredients you already have on hand. All Recipes is one of them. Simply input the ingredients you have and the ingredients you don’t have and it will pull up a list of recipes you could make! Recipe Matcher, Supercook and Ingredient Chef are also good resources!
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:
Since not many of my planned meal got made last week, you’ll see some recycled meals on this week’s menu. To complete my meals this week, I spent about $17 on yogurt, produce, milk and eggs.
- Brunch: Waffles or pancakes
- Dinner: Slow Cooker BBQ meatballs, rice, veggies
- Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Perogies and Sausage, steamed veggies (needs to be a quick dinner)
- Breakfast: refrigerated oatmeal
- Lunch: Potato soup
- Dinner: Marinated steak, pasta salad. grilled veggies
- Breakfast: muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Egg salad sandwich
- Dinner: Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Lime, Roasted potatoes, steamed veggies
- Brunch: Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast
- Dinner: We’re headed to a baby shower/birthday party (I have to bring a salad)
- Brunch: French Toast with strawberries and whipped cream
- Dinner: Asian Vegetable Pasta (with chicken), artisan bread in the slow cooker
Now it’s your turn, what’s your update and what will you be eating this week?