Copycat Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino
Normally when I hit up Starbucks I order an Americano with vanilla or a plain black tea. But every once in a while, especially when it’s hot, I get my mind stuck on ordering a Mocha Frappuccino. (Especially when they offer them for $2 or $3!) Chocolate and coffee. Those two things combined are hard to beat! Also, the whipping cream is a big seller to me 😉
Anyways, I thought that the Mocha Frappuccino would be a great thing to try to recreate at home so I could enjoy one once in while through the summer. I also happen to love to saving money on “luxuries”.
Here’s how you can create a Copycat Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino at home:
- ¾ cup Espresso Coffee
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Syrup
- pinch Xantham Gum
- 4 cups Ice
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Chocolate Syrup to drizzle over whipped cream
- Make coffee according to directions.
- While still hot, pour coffee into blender
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add milk, chocolate syrup and xantham gum and mix another minute.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Add ice to blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top each glass with whipped cream.