The time is quickly approaching for our new baby’s arrival! Baby is due to arrive around the middle of March so I’ve dubbed the month of February as “Fill the Freezer February”. Clever, right? 😛 Last month during the January Declutterathon, I made a bit of room in our freezers so I can fill it up with plenty of freezer meals to keep us well nourished for a while.
Preparing meals isn’t one of my favourite things to do at the best of times, so I know I have to make it as easy as possible for myself once the baby is born. I want to avoid as much eating out as possible but I also want well rounded meals.
So today, I present to you, Fill the Freezer February with my Ultimate Before Baby Freezer Cooking List! My plan of attack is to make the meals I have picked throughout the entire month of February. I want to avoid a big one day cooking session because my body is just not handling extra standing as well these days. Once I create the meal, I will do a post for you with a photo and the recipe. How does that sound?
Whether or not you have a new addition arriving in your family, I’d love for you to join me. After all, in the long run, freezer cooking can be a great money and time saver.
If you’d like to join me, today I will provide my list of meals and snacks I plan on making plus, a free downloadable Ultimate Freezer Cooking pack. The pack includes a grocery list, recipes and labels!
Here’s what I have planned to fill my freezer. All recipes will be included in the Freezer cooking Pack unless otherwise noted:
- Waffles (1 batch)
- French Toast (1 loaf)
- Maple Oatmeal packets
- Chicken Noodle Soup (2 containers)
- Cream of chicken soup (1 container)
- Hamburger soup (1 container)
- Pizza (I plan on buying a few frozen pizzas)
- Lasagna (I can’t make a decent lasagna for the life of me so I will buy 2 President’s Choice Lasagnas, they’re yummy)
- Pre-made bought meals from a local store (4 – 5 meals)
- Perogies & Sausage (These will be bought)
- Balsamic Roasts (2 bags)
- Ham with Brown Sugar Maple sauce (2 bags)
- Teriyaki Chicken (1 bag)
- Spaghetti sauce (2 bags)
- Turkey Pot Pie (My mom made us a turkey pot pie so I don’t have to)
- Meatballs (2 bags)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Alfredo (2 bags)
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells (2 pans)
- Shepherds Pie (2 pans)
- Cream cheese chicken taquitos (1 batch)
- Cooked ground beef (for taco night) (2 bags)
- Soft Pretzels
- Banana Muffins (1 batch)
- Bran muffins (1 batch)
- Banana Bread (3 loaves)
- Smoothies (I may throw some fruit and spinach into freezer bags to make it extra easy)
- No-Bake Energy Bites
That list should give us over 30 meals, taking care of breakfast, lunch and dinner for a while. Plus, there are quite a few snacks. Since I am not making everything in one day, I didn’t have a budget in mind, because I will pick things up while they are on sale with my regular grocery shopping.
Get the downloadable Ultimate Freezer Cooking pack here.
Also, I’m really considering purchasing a set of these Hands-Free baggy racks. I think they would be so handy!
I’d love to know what your favourite freezer meals are. Let me know in the comments!