These Ginger Crinkles rank among one of my all time favourite cookies, especially at Christmas time! They’re chewy, perfectly spicy and delicious 🙂
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil (I replaced with coconut oil for the health benefits and it worked!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon (I add a bit more)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk oil with sugar, egg and molasses
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Stir into the molasses mixture to form moist dough.
- Shape into 1" (or so) balls with your hands, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until flat, cracked and browned; about 12 minutes.