I love this dollar store craft caddy and it’s such an easy project to put together! You could whip it up in no time and paint it in any color to suit your taste. Not only is it good for organizing craft supplies, I think it would be very handy for BBQ’s, picnics and outdoor entertaining events to hold cutlery! You could even put put the caddy to use organizing stationary supplies on a desk, in the shed for small tools and for holding makeup brushes. Really, the uses are endless!
Dollar Store Craft Caddy
Here’s how to make this easy Dollar Store Craft Caddy:
- 4 wire/metal pencil holders (found in office supply section at Dollar Tree)
- Ribbon or twine
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Spray paint in choice of color and finish
1. Begin by placing the wire pencil holders on a piece of newspaper. Spray on 2 coats of spray paint in your choice of color or finish. Allow to dry for one hour.
2. Cluster the four pencil holders in a group. Press them close together so they touch. Wrap a length of twine or ribbon around the holders.
3. Add some hot glue where the holders touch. Just a small dab will do and will help keep the foursome together. You can also add a dab or two under your length of ribbon.
4. Tie the ribbon or twine in a knot securely.
5. You can now add your crafting supplies to each cup and display for use.