Here’s a classic, Easy French Toast recipe with a secret ingredient that makes them perfectly fluffy! One of our family’s favorite breakfasts! (or dinners 😉 )
This recipe for our favourite easy French toast is quickly becoming my husband’s specialty. He loves making it! So, when he says he’ll make breakfast or dinner, he’ll usually make French toast. You won’t hear any complaints from me! I love mine topped with fruit, powdered sugar and syrup! Yum!
The secret ingredient in here is actually the flour. Makes the French toast perfectly fluffy and delicious!
Here is our easy French Toast recipe:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 6 thick slices of bread (or buy an unsliced loaf and cut it yourself)
- Place flour into a big mixing bowl and slowly whisk in the milk to avoid lumps. Mix in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat
- Pour the egg mixture onto a plate and soak each piece of bread until well saturated.
- Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup and fresh fruit!