These Freezer Mashed Potatoes are one of my husband’s specialties. After I made them one time, he decided we needed to eat them more often, so he takes it upon himself to make up a fresh batch every once in a while. Makes me happy, because I happen to think they’re delicious too!
Normally, potatoes don’t freezer well, but because there’s all sorts of yummy additions, these freeze very well! They also pair very nicely with the Maple Pineapple Slow Cooker Ham I have here.
The added sour cream, cream cheese, butter and salt & pepper make for a really delicious combination of flavours. Sometimes, they don’t even make it to the freezer before we eat them 😉
Here’s how to make Freezer Mashed Potatoes:
- 10 medium russet potatoes, diced
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese to cover top, optional
- Boil potatoes until cooked through.
- Drain water and smash potatoes until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese, sour cream, salt, black pepper and butter.
- Mash and combine until fluffy.
- Divide among two 8x8 aluminum freezer pans.
- Sprinkled cheddar cheese over top, if desired.
- Cover, label and freeze.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.