I don’t think for a moment that just because I choose to be frugal, I have to miss out on life’s simple pleasures. As a matter of fact, I think that being frugal makes me appreciate life’s simple pleasures even more! Or maybe frugality forces me to look for those things in life that can be a pleasure?
One of my simple pleasures is International Delight coffee cream, French Vanilla flavored. I don’t often buy it, but I’ve been wanting to challenge myself by attempting to make things from scratch at home. In return for my efforts, I’ll cut down on cost as well as create something that is better for my health without all the additives!
Here’s my recipe for homemade vanilla flavored coffee cream:
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
Combine all three of those ingredients in a jar (or even your old coffee cream container), shake it up, then enjoy! It should last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. (You’ll see all the ingredients and the jar I used in the above picture)
Here are some other flavor combinations you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Raspberry: 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 2 Tablespoons raspberry syrup
- Chocolate Almond: 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Strudel: 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Amaretto: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon almond extract
What are some of the simple pleasures in your life?