Our summer should really start to get busy now! We have had family (cousins!!) arrive for almost the whole month. We’ve got a family reunion planned as well as other fun days for the kids. Us parents are pretty excited too because we like to think we’re still kids at heart ;).
On the home front, I’ve finally started to paint the walls in our new home! I’m literally working on one wall at a time so it’s going to be a very slow process. But you gotta do what you gotta do with young kids underfoot. The one wall I have completed makes me think I’m going to love the colour I chose. Speaking of paint, I bought the paint a month or so before we even moved because The Home Depot had a great rebate promotion going on that I didn’t want to miss. They run these rebates somewhat regularly, but this particular offer seemed to be of higher value than I remember. I couldn’t pass up those savings!
I’d love to hear how your summer is going so far. Any exciting things still to come? Let me know!
Here are the interesting links I came across on my travels around the web this week! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- How to Make the Most of Your Downtime
- 15 Easy Ways to Update a House
- How Zero Dollar Days Made me More Mindful Of My Money
- What to Do When Your Partner is Horrible with Money
- Back to School Organization Ideas
- 11 Easy Marinades to Make Cheap Meat Tender and Delicious
- 15 Minute Speed Cleaning Checklist
Here is what you may have missed from Simply Frugal this week:
Here’s a round up of the best sales this week:
- Well.ca: Save $15 off Back to School with $100 purchase. Use code SCHOOL15. Expires August 6
- Hudson’s Bay: 30% off Women’s activewear by Calvin Klein Performance, Marc New YorkPerformance, MPG and Bench. Ends August 5, 2017.
- Joe Fresh: Scratch & Save up to 30% off. Expires August 7, 2017
- Chapters Indigo: 50% off Books to Get Lost in This Summer. Expires August 6, 2017.