I’ve got another Fill the Freezer February recipe post for you! This time it’s for a delicious maple pineapple ham that can be made in the slow cooker. I actually changed this recipe up a bit from the one available in the Fill the Freezer February pack. I wanted to use what I had on hand and so I omitted the brown sugar (mine was rock hard) and used some canned pineapple instead. This actually makes me happier, because I feel like there’s less sugar that way!
I’ve made a very similar version to this several times in the past and it’s always a hit with everyone. I whipped up two batches of freezer mashed potatoes to serve with this.
Here’s how to make Maple Pineapple Slow Cooker Ham:
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Small can of Pineapple with Juice
- 1 Pre-Cooked ham
- Place Dijon mustard, maple syrup and pineapple and juice into a bowl and mix well.
- Place ham into a large freezer bag.
- Pour sauce over top of the ham.
- Seal Bag. Freeze.
- Place ham and sauce in a slow cooker. (Can still be frozen)
- Cook on low for 6 hours.