This recipe for Oreo Truffles goes on my list of very easy recipes! I made them for the first time last year and they were a huge hit, so of course I had to make them again!
- 1 bag of Oreos
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 Package semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate melting wafers)
- Toppings: crushed candy canes, sprinkles...
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs with a food processor or use a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin/hammer/rock... 🙂
- Add the crumbs to a big bowl with the softened cream cheese. I use my Kitchenaid mixer to mix until it was all well incorporated.
- Roll the cream cheese Oreo mixture into 1" balls (or whatever size you'd like) Place on a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- When you truffles are almost finished chilling, start melting the chocolate slowly. (in the microwave or on the stove)
- Drop one or two truffles into the melted chocolate and use a fork to remove them, letting the excess chocolate drip. Place them back on the waxed paper.
- Now is when you want to add the toppings, before the chocolate hardens. I used some Christmas sprinkles I had on hand.