Here are some simple money saving tips that anyone can do!
- Use cloth for everything – do away with paper towels, and paper napkins
- Make your own household cleaners – I use vinegar and baking soda for everything! (I’ll also be doing a post devoted to making your own cleaners soon!)
- Use your local library – I can pretty much request any book I would like to read and my library will let me know when it’s available!
- Borrow items – borrow and exchange movies, books…etc with friends and family
- Hang dry your clothing – Easy and they smell so good from being in the sun!
- Turn down your heat – there’s no need for your heat to be as high at night time and while you’re out of the house for an extended period.
- Make your own baby food – when you’re serving vegetables for your family, set some aside to make your baby food
- Shop clearance racks – If you’re in need of some clothing wait until you find something great on the clearance racks!
- Reuse your sandwich baggies – Of course, I throw out the ones that held raw meat
- Use your plastic grocery bags as garbage bags – Occasionally I’ll end up with some plastic bags that I put to use in our kitchen and bathrooms!
- Menu Plan – I know, I know, but it really does save us huge amounts of money! You really should try it and see how it works for you!
- Think about your purchases before you make them – Walk away, if you find you still need it or really love it after a period of time, then buy it. I don’t know how many times I’ve walked away and ended up not purchasing an item because I realized that I didn’t need it or want it that badly.
Do you have any tips you could share with us? What are the simple ways that you save money?