Summer calls for delicious simple snacks. Okay fine, I’m not opposed to simple snacks all year long. After all, simple is one of my meal prep motto’s so if I think it’s going to take too much time, I move on. Or even if it has too many ingredients that I don’t keep on hand.
These apple sandwiches fall under the category of simple, delicious and budget-friendly. They’re a hit with both me and Sienna. (Though for Sienna, I just do one slice of apple with the peanut butter and granola on top to make an open face sandwich.) While we use peanut butter, I think these would be delicious with almond butter, apple butter or any kind of nut butter! As for the granola, I like to always have a batch of this homemade granola on hand. And for the apple corer, I really like this Cuisipro apple corer.
Here’s how to create Apple Sandwiches:
- 2 Apples
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Granola
- handful Raisins
- Remove cores from apples and cut into ¼-1/2" thick slices
- Spread apple slice with peanut butter.
- Top with granola and raisins.
- Place another apple slice on top and gently press together.
- Repeat with remaining apple slices.