Now here’s a Christmas fudge recipe that will be great for gift giving! I think it would pair nicely with this Homemade Peppermint Bark!
I’m afraid I’m getting a reputation for only making easy things, but really, if you have to add extra things to your already full calendar, why spend a lot of time creating? It’s the thought that counts, right? Anyways, this recipe is so easy, it only calls for four ingredients. That, my friends, is how you impress on a budget and use minimal effort and time. 🙂
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 2 packages of 12 oz. Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 ½ Cans of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz cans)
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the candy melts and the sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave safe dish. Add in the 1 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Heat for another minute and stir again, heat again in 20 second increments stirring if not completely melted.
- Immediately pour the melted mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes (see photo).
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature. Once it is cool, place the baking dish in the fridge (covered) to allow the fudge to completely set.
- Cut into 12 large squares or 24 mini squares.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
One of my favourite things to give as gifts is homemade edible goods. In my mind, it’s the perfect little something. It’s a treat as well as a gift that won’t take up room in the recipient’s home!
Today’ I’d like to share this recipe for Peppermint Bark. Not only do I love it because it’s tasty, it’s really simple to make!
- 270g bag Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 225g bag White Baking Chips
- ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
- 12 Candy Canes
- Place the Candy Canes in a Food Processor and crush or place them in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave by heating at 50% for 1 minute and stirring until smooth.
- Pour melted milk chocolate chips into the pan and level.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Melt White Chocolate chips in microwave by heating at 50% for 1 minute and stirring until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract to the white chocolate chips, stir.
- Pour melted white chocolate chips into the pan on top of the milk chocolate and level.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint over the white chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Break apart into pieces and put the pieces into gift bags for gift giving!
What is your favourite edible gift to give?
I thought that today’s homemade gift idea would be a great last minute gift…if you can keep from eating it yourself! I think I’d be making two batches. 🙂
Create some delicious gingerbread caramel corn with the instructions from Heather Christo Cooks!
Looking for more Homemade Christmas Gift ideas? Click on the image below!
This is such a simple gift idea that is inexpensive and a great way for kids to use their imaginations rather than grabbing for the electronics. Today I would love to share my Play Dough Gift idea…Candy Cane Play Dough!
You can make the Candy Cane Play Dough and give that as a gift… or you can fill a jar with the dry ingredients and let your recipients make the play dough themselves at home. Either way, I think it’s a fun and unique gift idea for kids.
Here’s how to make Candy Cane Play Dough:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup salt
5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil (or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup cold water
Red washable paint/watercolor
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
2. Add the extract, oil and water and mix until well incorporated.
3. Remove dough from bowl and place on a flat, lightly floured surface. Knead until a soft play dough forms (this takes about 3-4 minutes).
4. Separate the play dough in half. Set aside one half and place the other in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Add the red paint/watercolor to the play dough in the bowl and mix until your desired color is achieved. I added about 2 Tablespoons of paint to get a rich red color.
6. Lay both colors of play dough out on your play surface and sprinkle with glitter. Enjoy making candy canes, peppermint “candies”, etc!
There you have it! A fun and frugal gift idea that kids are sure to enjoy! I’m excited to give it to my daughter, maybe we’ll get to enjoy drinking hot coffee on Christmas morning!