Coupon stacking is a very popular topic when it comes to coupon use! Here’s a bit of a definition of what coupon stacking is:
Coupon stacking is when you use multiple coupons on a single item.
Currently, coupon stacking is only allowed at London Drugs locations in Western Canada.
Here’s what you can and can’t do when it comes to coupon stacking:
Use use multiple coupons on one item if they have different UPC codes. ( These are the numbers found under the bar code area of the coupon.)
- Use more than one coupon to get items for free
Use printable coupons, insert coupons, mail out coupons (Save.ca, webSaver.ca)
- Use coupons that have the same UPC code on one item.
- Use multiple coupons on one item if the combined value exceeds the value of the product. (you can’t get money back)
- Stack a coupon if it states “Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product purchased is strictly prohibited”, or “Cannot be combined with any other coupon offer”. (ex: Brandsaver coupons are not stackable)
Here are some other points to keep in mind:
- Although you may end up getting a product for free, keep in mind you will still have to pay taxes! Taxes are calculated according to the sale price of the item before coupons are deducted. For example, if an item is $3.99, but you manage to get it for only $0.99 with coupons, you’ll still pay the taxes for the $3.99 amount.
- You can also price match an item and stack coupons. For example, if Superstore has Huggies on sale that week, bring in your Superstore flyer with you to get a great price after coupons!
- If you’ll be doing a large stacking trip, be sure to hit the store during non-peak hours (early in the morning or an hour before closing). You’ll want to be respectful of the other shoppers as well as the cashiers who have to deal with grumpy customers.
- Be organized. Have all your coupons sorted and matched to each product when you finally check out. If you’re price matching, have the items circled in the flyers you’re using.
- As for B1G1 free coupons, I don’t see this being an issue with coupon stacking. If you have two B1G1 free coupon with different UPC’s, and no wording stating you can’t stack (see above in the You Cannot section), you should be able to get two items for free. Please correct me if I’m wrong!
Do you coupon stack? What’s been your best coupon stacking trip so far? Anything else to add to this post that I may have missed?