Here’s my update:
As it seems with all my weeks, not every meal I had planned got made. Things just come up or we have more leftovers than we thought! For example, this weekend, Jesse was in a soccer tournament and the game I went to watch was right at dinner time, so I grabbed a hot dog from the concession. We also have family in town this week so Sunday dinner was at my in-law’s.
But I did manage to rid our freezer of a few things! Some chicken is gone (BBQ chicken salad, Chicken in basil cream sauce), a container of chicken noodle soup is gone, along with quite a bit of produce.
I added up my receipts from my groceries last week and I ended up spending $21.19. Milk, yogurt, whipping cream, watermelon (first of the summer!), grapes, nectarines and bananas is what I bought.
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:
- Breakfast: Bran muffin, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Egg Salad sandwich
- Dinner: We will be be out of town for the day visiting family
- Breakfast: Refrigerator Oatmeal (recipe coming)
- Lunch: Potato soup
- Dinner: Beef tacos
- Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: leftovers
- Dinner: Black Bean, Corn and Rice salad burritos (recipe coming)
- Breakfast: Refrigerator oatmeal
- Lunch: Smoothies
- Dinner: out to eat with family
- Brunch: French Toast
- Dinner: Appies
- Breakfast: Muffin, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Egg salad sandwich
- Dinner: Marinated steak, pasta salad. grilled veggies
Now it’s your turn to share your menu plan with the rest of us! We’d also love to hear your progress and saving report!