Connie over at Smockity Frocks is hosting a What’s in Your Crockpot? link-up today! And I just found out about it but I thought I would participate anyways! This week we’ll be having BBQ Beef in the crockpot so I’ll be posting that recipe! It’s one of our favourites.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (I buy the cheapest cut of meat since it will be really tender when it's done cooking!)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package onion soup mix or 3 Tbsp
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp prepared mustard
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 cups celery, diced
- Place beef in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the beef.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes with veggies and/or a salad.