Do you have a Superhero wannabe in your house? Then you’ve got to check out today’s homemade Christmas gift idea! Create super cool, no sew superhero mitts!
No Sew Superhero Mitts
So, I love these mitts. I actually want to keep a pair for myself, but fortunately for my nieces, they get to have them for Christmas! (Their Dad is going to be jealous…) This project was so fun to do, mostly because it was so easy! Quick and easy crafts are just my style 😉
How to make No Sew Superhero Mitts:
- Child’s mittens in red ($1 at most retail stores)
- Colored felt in yellow and blue
- Fabric glue
- Begin by laying the mittens flat. Press them as flat as possible and lay them out in the direction they are worn. This way you can be sure you are applying the design so it rests on the top of the hand.
- Cut two yellow circles out of felt. Make sure they are even with each other and cut to fit the size of the mitten. Apply a generous amount of fabric glue and press them to the top of the mitten.
- Using your blue felt, cut out the letters to spell BAM. Don’t worry about making them perfect as comic book writing is usually a little wild! For our sample, we simply free-handed the letters.
- Apply glue to the letters and press them directly over the yellow circle. Hold in place until dry and secure.
Your no-sew hero mitts are now complete! When washing, turn them inside out and allow them to air dry. This will help protect the embellishment.