We Make It Beautiful shows you how she recreated a Pillow Mattress for under $20 that she saw online but was selling for way more than $20! I think this would be a fantastic gift for kids!
Today’s Homemade Christmas gift idea is quick and easy to make! These Homemade Coffee Scrub Soaps are sure to be a hit with someone on your list!
PS: Find a rectangle soap mold here.
Today’s homemade gift idea can’t get much simpler. So, I happen to think it would make a perfect last-minute gift! Simply head to your nearest dollar store, pick up a fancy dish towel and some ribbon and get started!
Here’s how to create a No Sew Dish Towel Apron that any chef would love to receive:
DIY No Sew Dish Towel Apron
- Begin by folding your towel into the size of apron you want. You can fold it down to about 8 inches by 8 inches square for a child, or simply fold the towel in half for an adult. If you wish for a longer apron, manipulate the fabric to get the shape you wish. For the sample you see here, I folded the towel once in half, then folded each end in about 2 inches.
- Apply a strip of iron on fabric tape OR fabric adhesive to the inside of your folded seams. Press and iron the towel if needed. The idea is to use the tape or adhesive to secure the shape of the towel.
- Apply a length of adhesive tape or glue to the top of your towel. Press the length of ribbon into it. Press and iron if needed. The ribbon should now be adhered to the towel, leaving you two lengths on each side for tying.
- Once your adhesive is dry or ironed in place, your towel can be used. Simply use the excess ribbon as ties, tying them behind your back to hold the apron in place.
“Twizz the Season” Treat Bags
I have got the cutest, last minute gift idea for you! Kids young and old will love this under the tree or in their stockings! Since I supply the printable tags for free, this will be a really budget friendly and quick idea to put together. Especially if you pick up your supplies at the dollar store!
- Using scissors or a knife, carefully cut the Twizzlers candy so that the pieces fit easily into your clear treat bags with some empty room at the top.
- Fill the treat bags with some of the Twizzler pieces.
- Fold the top of each treat bag over a bit, and staple it closed.
- Cut out the “Twizz the Season” printable gift tag.
- Line the tag up on the top of the front of each bag, and staple it on in each corner.
Related holiday gift ideas:
Looking for a fantastic last minute stocking stuffer or gift idea for the kids? Download this free printable & editable Christmas coupon booklet!
How fun is this gift idea? Create a Snow Day Survival Kit for the recipient to pull out on a cold winter’s day. Find the instructions and printables over at The DIY Mommy.