Here’s a GREAT freebie from The Confident Mom! It’s a FREE printable 2020 weekly household planner! If you are a day planner user you’ll want to check out this free (and pretty!) 2019 planner! You receive two versions with your download: a ‘blank’ version and a ‘just tell me what to do’ version.
If you’d like to build a complete home management binder, you can also purchase a special supplement pack for only $8.00.
The Weekly Household Planner Supplement includes the following digital fill-in forms:
- Master Family Planner. Keep track of the entire family’s activities on a daily/weekly basis all in one convenient place.
- NEW—Appointment Calendar. Organized by week, use this new addition to keep track of appointments, meetings, and other events.
- Special Occasion Calendar/Gift Planner. You’ll always be prepared for the next birthday or special occasion.
- Holiday Gift Planner Worksheet. Keep track of your holiday shopping list and purchases and what still needs wrapped or delivered. Never forget that well-hidden gift again!
- Babysitter Information Form. This form makes it easy to provide your sitter with all the information he or she needs so you can relax and enjoy your time away.
- Quick Contacts. Helps you keep important emergency contacts available for easy reference when you need them in a hurry as well as frequently used numbers.
- Family Emergency/Medical Information Form. Record your family’s medical and insurance information on this form—it will be easy to find and share with those that need it.
- Website/App List for Kids. An easy way your kids can list the websites they want to visit, or apps or songs they want to buy. This gives you a chance to review first and make sure the content is age appropriate!
- Website/App List for Me. A place to record websites you want to visit or apps you want to buy during your downtime.
- Account Keeper Sheet. Keep track of online accounts, including usernames and passwords. Never get locked out of your account again!
- Household Maintenance Log. Record when you did routine maintenance items, such as changing your furnace filter.
- Special Occasion Reminder Chart. To help you plan card gifting for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions.
- Gifts Received List. Record gifts received which also creates a log for thank-you cards you need to send.
- Let’s Plan a Party Form. Keep track of party planning details such as guest list, menu, party favors, and activities.
- Blessings For Your Home. Because everyone needs some daily inspiration.
- Weekly Menu Planner/Shopping List. So you arrive at the store prepared and don’t over-purchase.
- Track Donations. Make tax time easier when you write down all your donations on one form for the year.
- Freezer/Pantry Inventory. Helps with meal planning and also saves you from purchasing something you already have on hand.
- Multi-Store Shopping List. Get rid of all those little sticky notes and scraps of paper! List all your shopping list items for different stores on one organized form.
- Monthly Bill Schedule. Never miss a payment again when you record your monthly bills and payments on this new form!
- Bible Bookmarks. Use these monthly reading bookmarks with suggested reading each day of the month, enabling you to read the entire bible in a year.
The printable 2020 planner is free, but you can add the supplemental home management forms (which are editable) for only $8.00!
Homemade Air freshener
Check out Smashed Peas and Carrots for an easy tutorial on how to make a homemade air freshener!
Here are 7 smart uses for mason jars that you’re sure to love!
Mason jars can be found in almost any store these days. While they are easy to find brand new, thrift stores and garage sales are also great places to find older mason jars in great shape.
But for starters, many of us will already have some empty mason jars around the house. Even empty glass pickle jars are useful! Here are some inventive and fun ways to reuse empty mason jars.
Mason Jars for Bathroom Storage
Mason jars are also great for storing bathroom supplies like cotton balls, cotton swabs, makeup sponges and even little soaps. You can also store bobby pins. I have found they are especially great to hold makeup brushes or toothbrushes.
Mason Jar Sewing Kit
All you need to create a mason jar sewing kit is fabric, batting, spray paint and of course the mason jars. Here is how to make them:
- Spray the lid whatever color you want it to be.
- Then, use the lid of the mason jar to draw a circle on the fabric; you want the circle to be about an inch wider then the jar.
- Cut the fabric circle out.
- Turn the lid upside down and place it on the fabric circle. Using a hot glue gun put a line of hot glue almost all the way around the lid and start folding the fabric over onto the lid bunching it as you go. When you are about 3/4 of the way around the lid, take the batting and stuff it into the opening of the fabric so it is on the top of the lid. You want it to be even and poofy. Now glue the last section of the fabric to the lid.
- Now on the outer piece (the rim) you will need to make a line of hot glue. Press the fabric covered section of the lid into the outer piece and let it dry.
Now you can fill the inside of your jar with sewing essentials like thread, thimbles, sewing needles, mini scissors, buttons… etc. Once you’ve filled it, screw the lid onto the jar. Because of the fabric, the lid will be a little difficult to screw on. Now you have a beautiful little sewing kit with a pin cushion lid! These make great little gifts for teachers, moms or anyone really! They’re handy to keep in the car in case you have a little fashion emergency that requires a little sewing, such as a button that has popped off. (or a broken soccer shin pad in my husband’s case!)
Mason Jars for Pantry Storage
Mason jars are great for pantry storage solutions. Make your own labels and use them to organize your pantry. (I love these printable Chalkboard ones from Lia Griffith.) The larger mason jars are great for items like pasta or rice. Mason jars are a great solution because they’re decorative and because they’re made of glass, so you can see exactly what’s in them.
Mason Jar Cookie or Soup Gift
This is a simple gift idea that can look beautiful when everything is carefully layered in a mason jar. The best way to layer the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, for example, is to start with an ingredient like flour and add the other white ingredients like baking soda, baking powder and salt which will mix in with the flour. Next, add the quick oats or M&Ms or chocolate chips. Finally, add the brown sugar and/or white sugar. Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar and add a tag with the directions on what wet ingredients they will need and directions on how to bake the cookies.
For the soups you can add different beans or noodles and other spices and dry ingredients the soup calls for. Again, layer the ingredients in a way that it looks visually appealing. Don’t forget the instructions on how to cook the soup.
Mason Jar Gift Containers
Mason jars make great little gift containers for things like a DIY manicure kit. Just get all the manicure must-haves like a few different shades of nail polish and some nail art supplies. You can find some super cute nail art supplies at dollar stores or Amazon. Take everything out of the packages so it will fit into the jar better. Then, to fancy it up a bit, wrap some of the smaller items in tissue paper and tie it shut with a little thin ribbon or twine. Add a few cotton swabs and cotton balls and you have your manicure in a jar all ready to give as a wonderful gift!
Mason Jar Luminaries
This idea is so simple and beautiful! Simply grab a mason jar and a string of battery operated fairy lights. Place the lights into the jar, then turn them on and place anywhere around the house or even on the deck!
Mason Jar Apple Pies
Apple pie in jars? It’s true! You can make adorable mini apple pies in mason jars! I have another blog post with instructions on how to make Mini Apple Pies in jars.
Related mason jar articles:
See how mason jars are so useful and fun? How have you put mason jars to use in your life?
Do you want to finally get your home in order? You may be finding that you still have a bit of extra time these days so it’s the perfect time to whip your house into shape!
Ultimate Bundles has partnered with the incredible Rachel Norman of the blog A Mother Far From Home to hold a fun FREE video series to help you bring order to your home!
The free series includes practical tips, plus worksheets to guide you step-by-step through 4 fast and easy projects:
- Make mealtimes simpler and easier (by stocking up on foods for quick meals).
- Reduce food waste and stress by cleaning out your refrigerator.
- Organize and streamline the medicines in your house.
- Set up automatic deliveries so you never run out of necessary items again.
- PLUS when you sign up you will get a bonus lesson on how to get started by organizing your family’s launch zones.
If this sounds like something helpful to you, register for free here.
(Registration closes on Tuesday, June 16th at 8 am Eastern, so hurry!)