Woo hoo! It’s the long weekend! That means you won’t “see” me back here until Tuesday. 🙂 Other than that though, we really don’t have any exciting plans. How about you?
Here are the interesting links I came across on my travels around the web this week! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Here are a bunch of posts you may have missed from Simply Frugal:
A beautiful herb garden is a great addition to your home but can be difficult if pests find your garden a good home to live in. With a little planning and maintenance, you can protect your garden and help it thrive. Here are 5 tips to help you out.
Use Strong Smelling Herbs
Take advantage of plants that repel pests for your herb garden. Planting pungent herbs like mints along with other herbs will help reduce the number of pests you have to deal with. Herbs like catnip are great for repelling ants, weevils, squash bugs, aphids, and Beatles.
Use Flowering Herbs
A great way to deal with pests in your herb garden is to plant herbs that will attract beneficial insects. Flowering herbs like lavender, basil and dill are a great way to attract butterflies and bees that will help pollinate your garden and make your plants stronger.
Use a Bug House
Place a bug house in your herb garden to attract insects like parasitic wasps that will deal with leafminers and hornworms and ladybugs that will help protect your garden from aphids. A bug house is an easy way to encourage beneficial bugs to come to your garden and stay to protect it from pests.
Snails and slugs can be a common issue in herb gardens. A line of salt along the garden bed edging is a great way to keep them out of your garden. Slugs and snails will back up and go the other way if they touch the salt instead of venturing into your garden beds and pots.
Use a Soap Solution
If aphids take over your garden you can save your herbs by spraying them with a safe and effective soap solution. A teaspoon of dawn dish detergent or liquid Castile soap in a spray bottle with water can help kill aphids when they take over your herb garden. Spray this solution on your plants getting the undersides of leaves in the evening so it has plenty of time to dry before the sun beats down on your plants.
With these tips, make your herb garden a great addition to your home garden. Besides fresh herbs are the best for cooking with!
It’s that time again!
If you’re like most women, your plate is full. And caring for your home, your family, and – especially! – yourself can be overwhelming at times.
If only there were something to make it a little easier…
I am here to tell you, there is!
The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle has been selling since 2012, and over 127,000 women have purchased a copy to learn practical strategies for decreasing stress and making a home (and life!) they love.
Despite being sold every year since 2012, it’s not the same old, same old. No way. The curators behind the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle (the team at Ultimate Bundles) cook up a fresh, new bundle each year. That way, they’re able to create a collection of the most inspiring and helpful resources out there… all to help YOU make the best of the season you’re in.
Curious what the bundle includes?
When you buy the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle you’ll get access to:
- 27 eBooks
- 30 eCourses & videos
- 25 printables
- 16 workbooks
- 3 summits
- 2 membership sites
The creators behind these resources are 100+ women who have struggled with the same things as you, but have learned (and will teach you) how to simplify their homes, declutter & organize, put healthy meals on the table, nurture strong family relationships, and practice good self-care.
Best of all, you can get it all for just $29.97.
Check out the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle right here.
What’s In The Bundle?
The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle includes 104 hand-picked eBooks, eCourses, and printables, on topics that matter to women and moms such as:
- organization, routines & creating a cozy home
- recipes, grocery shopping and meal planning
- budgeting and saving money
- motherhood (no matter what age your kids are)
- cultivating a strong marriage
- self-care (like exercise, weight loss, life planning and coloring books!)
- and much more…
Already know you want it? Click below to get yours right now! Still unsure? Read on!
What Are The Best Parts Of The Bundle?
Well, I’m so glad you asked! I’d love to share my favorites with you! I’m excited (and already loving) the following resources. Together, they’re worth so much more than the price of the bundle. Check these out!
- Declutter your Home in a Weekend – YES! This one sounds so great!
- How to Create a Family Life You Love – Who doesn’t want a life that you don’t want to take a vacation from?
- Giant Date Night Bucket Lists – I’m always looking for date night ideas!
- How to Choose Paint Colors for Your Home – Picking paint colors can be hard. This ebook makes to way easier to choose!
- Meal Plan Makeover – Meal Plan Makeover will transform your meal plans to save you time and money.
- Begin your Biz in 15 Minutes per Day – This starter kit will help you come up with a business plan, marketing strategy and more in just 15 minutes a day.
- Get Organized HQ – This Virtual Summit is your one stop shop for all things organizing, planning, goal setting and more.
- Plus there are many other resources I’m anxious to get into!
And there’s one more thing…
If you get yours by the end of Monday, May 6, not only do you get access to over $2,200 in eBooks, eCourses, and more and $360+ in bonuses, but now you’ll ALSO get access to a live webinar presented by Corina at NowThatICanDo.com.
It’s called Maximize Your Morning Routine: Self-Care Strategies That Work for the Busiest Homemakers.
And here’s what you’ll learn:
- Motivation & perspective for self-care
- Setting expectations & choosing your priorities for self-care
- Hacks for getting put together faster each day
- Creating your doable self-care routine
Get your free live webinar when you grab your bundle before midnight Monday, May 6.