My most recent love in the homemade cleaner department is this DIY natural soft scrub. Not only does it work amazingly well, it smells wonderful! It has antibacterial qualities due to the tea tree and lavender essential oils and whitening because of the baking soda.
It’s silly really, how excited I am about this stuff, but I think it’s amazing! It’s worked great on everything I’ve used it on so far. The kitchen sink, the toilets, the bathtub, and the stove!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap (I used citrus)
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Place the baking soda, Dr. Bronner’s, tea tree oil, lavender oil and water in a bowl.
- Mix together until it forms a soft paste.
- Add the vinegar, then mix again.
- Once everything is mixed add it to an air tight container. (I used a small canning jar)
When it’s time to use the DIY soft Scrub, scoop some out and put it on a cloth or sponge as needed.