I love this dollar store craft caddy and it’s such an easy project to put together! You could buy one that will set you back about $10 or you could have fun and whip one up in no time and paint it in any color to suit your taste! Not only is it good for organizing craft supplies, I think it would be very handy for BBQ’s, picnics and outdoor entertaining events to hold cutlery! You could even put the caddy to use organizing stationary supplies on a desk, in the shed for small tools and for holding makeup brushes. Really, the uses are endless!
Dollar Store Craft Caddy
Here’s how to make this easy Dollar Store Craft Caddy:
- 4 wire/metal pencil holders (found in office supply section at Dollar Tree)
- Ribbon or twine
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Spray paint in choice of color and finish
1. Begin by placing the wire pencil holders on a piece of newspaper. Spray on 2 coats of spray paint in your choice of color or finish. Allow to dry for one hour.
2. Cluster the four pencil holders in a group. Press them close together so they touch. Wrap a length of twine or ribbon around the holders.
3. Add some hot glue where the holders touch. Just a small dab will do and will help keep the foursome together. You can also add a dab or two under your length of ribbon.
4. Tie the ribbon or twine in a knot securely.
5. You can now add your crafting supplies to each cup and display for use.