Now here’s a Christmas fudge recipe that will be great for gift giving! I think it would pair nicely with this Homemade Peppermint Bark!
I’m afraid I’m getting a reputation for only making easy things, but really, if you have to add extra things to your already full calendar, why spend a lot of time creating? It’s the thought that counts, right? Anyways, this recipe is so easy, it only calls for four ingredients. That, my friends, is how you impress on a budget and use minimal effort and time. 🙂
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 2 packages of 12 oz. Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 ½ Cans of sweetened condensed milk 14 oz cans
- 6 candy canes crushed
- Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the candy melts and the sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave safe dish. Add in the 1 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Heat for another minute and stir again, heat again in 20 second increments stirring if not completely melted.
- Immediately pour the melted mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes (see photo).
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature. Once it is cool, place the baking dish in the fridge (covered) to allow the fudge to completely set.
- Cut into 12 large squares or 24 mini squares.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!