Normally I make Oreo Truffles using regular Oreos, but this year I found Gingerbread flavoured Oreos! Of course I had to try making them into Gingerbread Oreo truffles using my regular recipe. Boy, oh boy, are they ever delicious! If these gingerbread oreos are going to be a regular holiday staple each year, I’ll be using them for truffles instead of the regular oreos! Don’t get me wrong, the other truffles are tasty too, they’re always a hit whenever I bring them to gatherings. 🙂
I thought the gingerbread flavour suited white chocolate best and I finished them off with a sprinkle of nutmeg!
- 1 bag of Gingerbread Oreos
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 package white baking chocolate
- Toppings: Nutmeg, sprinkles…
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs with a food processor or use a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin/hammer/rock… 🙂
- Add the crumbs to a big bowl with the softened cream cheese. I use my Kitchenaid mixer to mix until it was all well incorporated.
- Roll the cream cheese Oreo mixture into 1" balls (or whatever size you’d like) Place on a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- When your truffles are almost finished chilling, start melting the chocolate slowly. (in the microwave or on the stove)
- Drop one or two truffles into the melted chocolate and use a fork to remove them, letting the excess chocolate drip. Place them back on the waxed paper.
- Now is when you want to add the toppings, before the chocolate hardens.
- Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Because I know you’ll ask, I found the Gingerbread Oreos at Target and Walmart. I’ve also heard you can find them at Safeway. Let me know where you find them!