You’ve got to try this Homemade Grapefruit Scrub! It’s deliciously scented and leaves your skin silky smooth and moisturized.
Throughout the year, and especially though winter, I like to use a sugar body scrub for an invigorating way to get rid of dull skin. I’ve used both store-bought and homemade sugar scrubs and can tell you that the homemade version works just as well and costs much less! You also can’t beat the smell! Mmmm!
This winter, I made up a batch of Homemade Grapefruit Scrub. Grapefruit, because it just smells so fresh and delicious!
Are you ready to learn how easy it is to make a batch of homemade grapefruit scrub? Here we go:
Ingredients for Homemade Grapefruit Body Scrub
- 1 cup coconut oil (Find it here or here)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ grapefruit (3-4 Tbsp grapefruit juice)
- 3 Tbsp grapefruit zest (optional)
- 4-5 4 oz. Jelly jars (Find them here, here or here)
- Using a grater, grate 3 tbsp of grapefruit zest (I found it easier to grate prior to juicing.)
- Once you have your grapefruit zest, cut the grapefruit in half and juice it for 3-4 tbsp of grapefruit juice.
- Next, in a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, grapefruit juice and zest and mix well.
- Add the scrub to your 4 oz. Jelly jars.
- Print and cut out the labels and place on the lid; the metal ring will hold the label in place. **For a different look, you could use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the label; hook through with twine and tie around the lid.
Makes 4-5 4 oz. Jelly jars. The recipe can also be made smaller or larger depending on how much you would like to make. Stored in an airtight container, scrubs will last for about 6 months. If there is any separation simply stir the mixture.
Print these labels to use for your jars:
So what do you think? Are you excited to give this a try?