Summer is here and that means there’s no shortage of ways to use Simple Syrup, a wonderfully versatile syrup to use for all sorts of summery things.
Simple Syrup is perfect for sweetening cold drinks without having to worry about whether your sugar has dissolved completely.
There are plenty of other uses for Simple Syrup, such as:
- Sweeten freshly brewed iced tea, lemonade, or coffee
- Mix with club soda and crushed berries for a summery and non-alcoholic beverage
- Drizzle over fresh fruit
Simple Syrup is also probably one of the easiest things to make. Here’s how to make simple syrup:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool, then pour into a glass bottle.
This should keep for up to 3 months or longer in your fridge.
I gave measurements in the recipe, but the formula is 1 part sugar to 1 part water, so you can make as much or as little as you want.
What’s your favourite use for Simple Syrup? Or, what’s your summer beverage of choice that could use simple syrup?