The easiest homemade lavender lotion bars
I love how soft my my skin feels after using these Lavender Lotion Bars. Whether for yourself or as a gift, you’re going to want to put these Homemade Lavender Lotion Bars on your to-do list today!
Okay guys. These homemade lotion bars are fantastic. (Even my husband likes them! sshhh!) I especially like them because they are small and easily fit in my bag (versus a large tube of something). I was also contemplating a trip to visit my brother and I realized that I could probably get through airport security with one because it’s not a liquid!
This recipe is really easy and you can make a ton of these lotion bars and give them as gifts, or just to keep on hand. Here are the supplies you will need to make these lotion bars:
LOTION BAR INGREDIENTS:
- 4 oz coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax pellets (or grated)
- 2 Tablespoons shea butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Cheese grater
- Silicone mold
- Glass measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
LOTION BAR DIRECTIONS:
1. Use a cheese grater to grate 2 tablespoons of shea butter.
2. Combine your shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil in your glass measuring jar
3. Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through (or until contents are melted)
4. Now stir in your vitamin E oil and lavender oil
5. Pour into your silicone flower molds
6. Let harden for about 5 minutes on the counter then transfer to the freezer for another 15 minutes
7. To pop them out, carefully push up on the center of each mold
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Related DIY Posts:
- Homemade Sore Muscle Soak
- Whipped Vanilla Coconut Scrub
- Homemade Bug Bite Relief
- DIY Vanilla Bath Bombs