Homemade Taco Seasoning
Make tonight Taco Night! We’re big fans of taco night. So coming up with a homemade taco seasoning recipe that is to our liking is a must for our pantry.
I happen to love this recipe for homemade taco seasoning. I never buy taco seasoning packs now that I’ve tweaked this to our liking! It’s especially great because I’m able to adjust the spiciness to my liking. (I’m a big wimp when it comes to spicy food.) I also love how easy it is on the budget. Beats those store bought packs hands down in the cheap department.
This homemade Taco Seasoning recipe is a must try:
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt more or less to taste
- 4 teaspoons black pepper more or less to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to a spice container.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture plus 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water to one pound of cooked meat.