Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Years ago, I spent a summer working in Banff, Alberta. Quite often, on my way to work, I would stop in at a local coffee shop called Evelyn’s and pick up one of their Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They were delicious! Once I returned home that fall, I was on the hunt for a recipe that would compare. I found one that even boasted the title of being Evelyn’s Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! For the life of me I can’t remember where I found the recipe, since that was about 10 years ago!
Are you ready for the recipe? Here is my recipe adaptation:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I use less!
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, melted butter, and milk in a medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the muffin mixture evenly into the 12 muffin liners. Bake for about 32 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.