Just in case you have a bit of leftover turkey from the weekend :), I thought I would share this delicious slow cooker turkey chili recipe with you! While it’s meant for ground turkey, I’m pretty confident that leftovers from your turkey dinner will work just as well!
This slow cooker turkey chili is perfect for chilli nights when all you want is some comfort food. I’ve tried quite a few chili recipes and I think I’ve found my new favourite! Actually, everyone enjoyed it. We ate it two nights in a row, then I froze the rest to make for a super easy meal one night!
Adapted from The Nourishing Home.
- 1-2 cans of black beans drained
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 pound ground turkey or 2 cups shredded/chopped turkey or beef
- Shredded cheese to garnish each bowl
- Cook ground turkey (or beef) on the stove, set aside.
- In a slow cooker, add all of the above ingredients, except for the cheese. Mix thoroughly, until well combined.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, if desired.