Next time you have dinner guests (or tea time guests) why not whip up these adorably simple napkin folds? They’re so easy to do and will make your table setting that much sweeter. I used paper napkins, but large fabric napkins would be wonderful as well! You’ll just want to make sure they’re a good large size.
I’m going to attempt to show you two simple napkin folding techniques that are sure to impress. The Bow napkin and the Pocket napkin.
Watch the animated pictures to learn these simple napkin folding techniques:
(You may have to click through to this post if you’re reading in an email and can’t see the slideshows)
For the bow fold:
- Starting with the napkin face down, fold the top and bottom edges in to meet at the middle.
- Then fold the top and bottom edges in again to meet at the middle.
- Next, fold one side of the napkin into the middle, then the other side into the middle so they overlap and create a small rectangle.
- Turn the napkin over and tie a ribbon, string, or twist tie around the middle, pulling it tight to create the bow.
- Fold and fluff as needed.
For the pocket fold:
- Starting with the napkin face up, fold the bottom edge up to the top edge
- Fold the side you just folded up back down to meet the bottom edge of your first fold
- Turn the entire napkin over but be careful not to undo your folds
- Fold the two sides in to meet at the middle
- Repeat step 4 with the sides again
- Turn the napkin over, and you’ll have a little pocket!
I hope you enjoyed learning how to fold some cute napkins! Now, go impress those guests!