Today’s homemade Christmas gift is a simple but fun one to make! DIY Vanilla Bath Bombs! These are so simple and fun to make. They even make fantastic gifts. Recently we attended a birthday party for a new four year old and she loved that she could use them in her bath that evening. 🙂 The other thing I love about this DIY is that you can customize the scent to the person you’re gifting it to. Maybe the recipient would prefer peppermint or lavender or even eucalyptus scented bath bombs. Simply replace the vanilla essential oil with the oil of your choice.
DIY Vanilla Bath Bombs
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 oz Shea Butter or Coconut oil (melted)
- 5-6 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
- Spray bottle of Witch Hazel
- Silicone mold
*If you have a manicure, wear gloves, or use a fork during the mixing process.
- In a mixing bowl combine citric acid and baking soda, being sure to remove all lumps.
- Add in melted butter and vanilla essential oil and continue to mix.
- Using your spray bottle of Witch Hazel, spray the mixture 2-3 times and mix, slowly adding more witch hazel until the mixture holds it shaped when pressed together.
- Pour into silicone molds, making sure to compact them tightly.
- Allow to dry in silicone molds for 12 hours. Once 12 hours is up, remove from molds, and allow to dry an additional 24 hours for a nice hard bath bomb.
Break bath bomb under running water for a nice fizzing and relaxing bath.