These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins are packed with healthful ingredients like zucchini, whole wheat flour, apple sauce and make a great on-the-go snack.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
The best zucchini chocolate chip muffins ever! Moist, sweet, packed with shredded zucchini, perfect spices, chocolate chips and all sorts of healthful ingredients! I like to make these into mini muffins because I find my daughter enjoys them more that way. 🙂 Plus, you can’t actually taste the zucchini so she’s getting a vegetable that she wouldn’t normally eat.
These muffins will be perfect when zucchini growing season is upon us. Use up that bounty!
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oil, apple sauce, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, egg, vanilla, milk and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips..
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.