Must Have Basic Pantry Staples
Having a well-stocked pantry can save you from unnecessary trips to the grocery store and eating out too often. Since I’m also cleaning out our kitchen cupboards this week, I thought I’d put together a basic pantry staples list that would be useful to have on hand at all times!
Stocking your kitchen with these basic pantry staples, will ensure you have your family’s favorite meal ingredients on hand. It also means you will almost always have something on hand to create a simple meal for busy nights or days when you don’t feel like cooking much.
These are basic, but versatile staples that are used often. They are also usually quite inexpensive and have a long shelf life if stored properly in the pantry, refrigerator, or freezer.
Below my list, you’ll find a Pantry Inventory printable with blank spaces that you can fill in to suit your own needs. I hope you like it!
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ginger powder
- Chili Powder
- Vegetable/Chicken/Beef bouillon (Better Than Bouillon is great!)
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Oats: Quick oats, rolled oats
- Sugar: white, brown, confectioners (powdered)
- Flours: all purpose, whole wheat
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips/raisins
- Coffee, tea
- Nuts and seeds
- Dried beans
- Tomatoes: paste, sauce, diced, crushed
- Beans: black, garbanzo, kidney, white
- Canned fruit
- Pasta sauce
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken
- Jams and preserves
Oils, Vinegars and Sauces
- Oils: canola or vegetable oil, olive oil, sesame oil
- Vinegars: apple cider, white, red wine, rice, balsamic
- Soy sauce
- Barbeque sauce
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Breads: bagels, buns, tortillas
- Dairy: milk, butter, cheese, yogurt
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Frozen fruit and vegetables
- Onions and garlic
- Meat, fish and poultry
Is there anything you would add to the basic pantry staples list? Let me know in the comments below!
Click on the image above to print your own Pantry Inventory list!
Looking for even more kitchen help especially as life gets busy? Check out this gorgeous MEAL PLANNER – with food inventory worksheets, monthly, weekly + daily meal planning worksheets, meal brainstorming worksheets and more!