Well hello everyone!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already been one week since my summer ‘break’ from Simply Frugal has started! It’s been a busy week of course and I’m actually wondering how I had time to post so regularly in the first place. 🙂 We started out the week by getting over summer colds (ugh) and starting swimming lessons for my oldest. During the summer months, our local pool offers two weeks of lessons daily Monday – Friday. I have a love hate relationship with this. It’s great because my daughter grows so much with having daily lessons, but I don’t like that most of our day revolves around being at the pool. Oh well!
On Tuesday after lessons, we took a two hour drive out to a campground some friends were staying at. We spent the day cooling off in the lake, eating great food, playing with friends and learning to fish. It was a great day!
I’m trying to get healthy high fat foods into my youngest so I was intrigued with the idea of Chocolate Hummus that I found on Pinterest. I whipped up a batch in my food processor and it was a hit! The girls loved it and so did I!
Here’s how I made Chocolate Hummus:
– one can of rinsed chick peas
– about 4 TBSP of real maple syrup
– 4 TBSP of cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 tsp salt (because my chick peas had no added salt)
– 3 TBSP water (use more or less to achieve the consistency that you like)
Then I blended it all together in a food processor. Easy peasy! We ate it with sliced apples.
Now, on with the links! Here are the interesting links I came across on my travels around the web this week! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Keeping the Memory But Not the Possession
- Space Galaxy Slime Recipe
- Simple Systems that Will Keep Your Home Clean and Organized
- 5 Recipes for When It’s Too Hot to Cook
- How to Tackle Your Ant Problem
- Tips to Pay Off Debt Even When You’re Broke
- Crazy Ways to Save Money, If You’re Brave Enough
- 6 Easy Tips for Shopping Locally
Here’s what you may have missed from Simply Frugal: