Clear out your closet and earn some cash by selling your unwanted clothing on consignment! Not only is selling on consignment a great way to earn some extra cash, you could essentially use the cash to purchase the clothing you really want! Maybe a guilt free solution to your shopping habits?
With almost every season, I find a small pile of clothes to bring in to a local consignment shop. It’s pretty exciting to stop by later in the year to pick up the cash I earned for items I would have otherwise simply donated.
Here are my tips to help you get the most money out of the items you bring to consignment:
Make sure your items are clean
Give your gently-worn clothes a wash to freshen them up and to get any stains out, you’ll have more luck selling items that are in great shape.
Make sure your items are ironed
Going along with my previous point, having clothes that are newly ironed will help your items sell for top dollar.
Make sure your items are current/in style
You will have the best luck selling more “current” clothing; nobody wants to wear your grandmother’s polyester pants!
Don’t hold on to something you know you won’t wear
The longer you hold on to an item you know you won’t wear, the less it will be worth when you decide to finally clear your closet.
Not only is consignment great for buying pieces for your wardrobe at affordable prices, it’s also a great way to part with some of your gently-worn clothes and make some money while you’re at it!
What are your selling on consignment tips? Have you ever brought any items to consignment shops?
Voice your opinion with Opinion Outpost, get rewards!
Opinion Outpost offers its members the opportunity to take marketing research surveys in exchange for rewards. Voice your opinion and shape the products and services that touch your life! Sharing your opinion has never been so rewarding!
You’ll be able to redeem your points for instant cash via PayPal or for other exciting rewards. 🙂
Sign up for Opinion Outpost today!
Open to Manitoba, BC, Saskatchewan, and Alberta residents only.
Online Blogging Class
Blogelina is once again offering the hugely popular 4 week online blogging class for free! This online class will start in April 2013.
Sign up for the free class, and you’ll get all of this:
- The Class Manual – packed with 60 pages of information that will help take the overwhelming out of starting your own blog
- 4 weekly online class sessions where you can ask your questions and get personalized feedback
- A Free Year of Web hosting! Blogelina is able to provide each person who registers for Blogelina’s Online Class a complimentary year of web hosting ($84 value)!
- Blueprints, Step-by-Step Tutorials, Networking With Other Bloggers – Everything you need to grow your blog!
- Save yourself a lot of time, trouble, and money – learn from personal experiences what to do and not to do!
Click here to sign up for the free 4-week online blogging class.
Would you love to get cash back on your online purchases? Sign-up with Ebates.ca and when you do your shopping from Ebates you can earn cash back from hundreds of online stores you already shop at! This is a great way to keep a little more cash in your pocket for the online purchases you are already making!
As a small bonus when you sign-up they will put $5 into your account. As soon as you make your first $5 purchase through Ebates (from any store that offers cash back) then that $5 is yours plus whatever cash-back percentage offered for that store. You will get that $5 cash back as a check in your mailbox even if you don’t earn any other rebates from Ebates! That’s a fabulous rebate and so easy to do!
How easy is Ebates to use? It’s really only 3 steps:
1. Visit Ebates and sign-up (or sign-in if you are already registered)
2. Type in the name of the store at the top of the page in the search bar (i.e. Sephora) then click the magnifying glass to search.
3. Click on the store to shop. You will see how much cash back you will earn (8% at Sephora) as well as any coupons that are available to use at that store. Click on the name of the store and you’re on your way to earning that percentage cash back on your purchase!
Ebates is very easy to use, and you can still use coupon codes and get your cash back. The best part is that Ebates gives you the option to receive a check in the mail every 3 months or deposited into your PayPal account when you have at least $5.01 in your Ebates account. There is absolutely no paper work or follow-up for you to do to get your cash rebates, you simply find your online store on Ebates and then click on your store to start your shopping.
Go check it out now!