Unless you’re an armchair traveler (and proud of it!), you probably dream of traveling more than you do.
But there are so many things holding you back from booking your next trip…
- Where should you go?
- How can you afford it?
- What should you pack?
- Does any sane person travel with kids (or pets, or alone)?
No matter what’s holding you back, you don’t have to put your travel dreams on the backburner. You’re not too young, too old, or too busy to delay the richness that your next trip will bring to your life.
How would your life blossom if you embraced a new motto? Something like…Life’s short, travel now. 😉
Given how badly I’ve been bit by the travel bug, I couldn’t be more excited to tell you about something I am SO excited to be a part of — the Smart Travel Super Bundle.
Inside the Smart Travel Super Bundle, you’ll find how to:
- Plan family travel on a budget – without losing your mind
- Get amazing deals on flights (and understand how travel hacking works)
- Travel safely and confidently, even as a solo female
- Make a DIY herbal first aid travel kit
- Pack all the right gear, clothes, and food for safe, fun backpacking or camping
- Make long term travel a reality
- Plus, so much more!
With 13 eBooks, 10 eCourses, 5 printable packs, and 2 workbooks inside, I’m confident you’ll find the inspiration to get behind the wheel of an RV, book your next flight, or take off for your next backpacking adventure.
Check out the Smart Travel Super Bundle right here.
This was such a big hit in past years, that I took the time to update it with this year’s dates! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Are you living in the Okanagan or planning on taking a trip there this summer? The Okanagan happens to be the place I call home, so I thought I’d create a guide full of fun, frugal activities that take place in the land of sun. The goal is for this to be The Ultimate Frugal Okanagan Summer Activity Guide. If you have an event or know of a really cool place to visit, let me know and I’ll add it to the list!
Food & Wine:
The Okanagan is well know for its award winning wines and wineries. Many of them offer free tours and wine tastings. See a huge list of Okanagan wineries, here.
U-Pick Fruit & Fruit Stands:
- Rattlesnake Island Swim – in Peachland August 10, 2019.
- Canada Cup DH Race – at Silver Star Mountain Resort, July 12 – 14, 2019.
- Kelowna Across the Lake Swim – in Kelowna on Okanagan Lake July 20, 2019.
- Peach Classic Triathlon – in Penticton July 21, 2019.
- Giants Head Freeride Longboard Competition – in Summerland June 24 – 26, 2019.
- L’Alpe du Grand Blanc Road Bike Race – at Big White Ski Resort, July 21, 2019 from 9am – 2pm.
- Granfondo Axel Merckx – in Penticton July 14, 2019.
- Bats for a Cause softball tournament – in Kelowna July 27 – 28, 2019
- Funtastic Slo Pitch Tournament – in Vernon June 28 – July 1, 2019
- Slay the Dragon Trail Running Race – at Silver Star June 29, 2019.
The Okanagan has many amazing golf courses to play! Enjoy one round or make a vacation out of it! See this list of Okanagan Golf Courses.
Festivals, Fairs & Community Events:
- Lumby Days – in Lumby June 7 – 9, 2019
- Peach City Beach Cruise – in Penticton from June 21- 23, 2019.
- Penticton Elvis Festival – in Penticton from June 27- 30, 2019.
- Great Train Robbery & BBQ – in Summerland starting June 2 – September 22, 2019. 1:30pm and 4pm.
- Kelowna Dragon Boat Festival – in Kelowna August 24, 2019.
- Okanagan Military Tattoo – in Vernon July 27 – 28, 2019.
- Penticton Peach Festival – in Penticton August 7 – 11, 2019.
- Interior Provincial Exhibition & Stampede – in Armstrong August 28 – September 1, 2019.
- Salmon Arm Fall Fair – in Salmon Arm September 6 – 8, 2019.
- BC’s Family Fishing Event – All across BC June 14 – 16, 2019.
- Sunshine Festival – in Vernon June 15, 2019 from 9am – 5pm.
- Endless Summer Show & Shine – in Summerland September 7, 2019.
- Funtastic Music Festival & Ball Tournament – in Vernon June 28 – July 1, 2019.
- Westside Daze– in West Kelowna July 12 – 14, 2019.
- Summer Reading Club – at Okanagan libraries. Check your local branch for times and dates.
- Craft & Country Mountain Fest – at Big White Ski Resort, July 6, 2019
Father’s Day Events:
Places of interest:
Vernon & Area:
Kelowna & Area:
Penticton & Area:
Okanagan Tourism Websites:
Looking for deals?
Groupon has a ton of local discounted restaurants, spas, things to do and more! Check it out for great savings on the things you want to do in the Okanagan.
Until March 22, take advantage of reduced fares and spring for a getaway with WestJet! Flights are on sale for travel until June 27 to destinations within Canada, the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe.
You’ll find the lowest prices for flights within Canada on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The lowest fares for travel to international destinations are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Book your WestJet flight here.
Update! They’ve extended this sale through March 6, 2018!
WestJet is 22 years old and, to celebrate, they’re having a massive sale! Now’s your chance to save big on flights to Canada, the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. Happy Birthday to them, happy savings to you!
Sale ends: March 6, 2018 (11:59 p.m. MT)Travel: March 19 – July 12 and August 20 – October 27, 2018
- Canada: March 22-23, 25, 29-30, April 2, May 17-18, 21, June 28-29, July 2, July 13-August 19, August 30-31, September 3, October 4-5, 8, 2018
- U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe: March 22-25, 29-31, April 2, May 17-19, 21, June 28-30, July 2, July 13-August 19, August 30-September 1, 3, October 4-6, 8, 2018
Lowest fares for travel to Canada can be found on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.Lowest fares for travel to the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe can be found on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Fares on other days may be higher.
Book your flight with WestJet here.
Planning to travel sometime in the future? Instead of a hotel, you should consider booking a place through AirBnB! Anytime our family travels we always check AirBnB first. We’ve stayed in some great homes in Victoria and my parents are currently touring New Zealand and staying overnight in AirBnB’s.
Currently, AirBnB is offering those who sign up with my link 15% off your home booking, up to $540 CAD off! And you get $17 CAD to use toward an experience worth $63 CAD or more!
Sign up with AirBnB here.
Save up to 50% during this new sale from Hotels.com! Plus, save an extra 10% off select hotels with code 10SAVEDEC17.
Book by December 3, 2017 for travel by January 7, 2017.
Book your hotel stay now.