Cleaning the microwave can be pretty gross at times, especially if it’s been a while since the last cleaning. Who likes to scrub all that baked on food anyways? Well, simply using a cut up lemon, some water, and only a little bit of elbow grease, you can have a sparkling clean microwave once again in no time flat!
Here’s how to clean your microwave in 5 minutes or less:
- Pour a cup or two of water into a microwave safe bowl.
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Drop the lemon halves into the bowl.
- Microwave the water and lemons for about 3 minutes, or until you see the water boil.
- Once the water has boiled, do not open the microwave door, let it stand for about a minute so the steam can coat the inside.
- Open the microwave door and carefully remove the bowl with the water and lemons.
- If your microwave has a turntable, lift it out and wipe it clean.
- Next wipe the inside of the microwave starting with the ceiling and the sides. Finish with the bottom, making sure to sweep out any crumbs.
- Finally, don’t forget to clean the door!
If you come across spots that won’t easily wipe away, simply dip the corner of your cloth in the bowl of lemon-water and scrub away until the spot disappears.