Hmm, what to eat, what to eat. I wasn’t really sure what to make this week. I was feeling uninspired when I was planning this menu! I think it’ll be okay though! I’m planning a BBQ meal for tonight if the weather cooperates. Yesterday we had beautiful sunny weather but the day before, it was hailing while I was at work!
Last week I had someone wondering why there seems to be a lot of repetitive meals on our menu. That’s a very good question and one I should answer! You see, when we don’t eat a particular meal one week, I carry it over to the next week so it will get eaten. Saves me some grocery money too since I already have the ingredients for a carried over meal on hand! There are a few reasons why the meals don’t get eaten in the first place.
- I don’t feel like making it so I pull out an extra easy meal from the freezer
- Hubby cooks, his skills are limited but very appreciated!
- We head out for dinner. Either a restaurant or we get invited to someone’s home.
Basically, I treat our menu as a guideline. I don’t beat myself up if I don’t stick to it each week.
I think that explains it! Here’s this week’s menu:
- Monday: Pork Satay, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies (carried over)
- Tuesday: Sloppy Joe Calzones
- Wednesday: Chicken Peanut Pasta
- Thursday: Crockpot BBQ Pork Chops, rice, steamed veggies
- Friday: Teriyaki chicken & Rice bake, salad
There, that sounds okay! If you would like to see many more menus, check out I’m an Organizing Junkie!