Family fun doesn’t always have to cost money. There are plenty of activities you can try together that are just as fun, or even more fun, then activities that require cash.
Here are some free family activity ideas that are sure to please! Pick a couple to try this weekend!
- Have a picnic, inside or outside depending on the weather
- Have another family over for dinner – this is way cheaper then eating out!
- Movie night – grab a movie off the shelf that you haven’t watched in a while and make some homemade microwave popcorn!
- Have a theme night/day – Mexican, Italian, pirate…the list goes on. Plan dinners and activities around your theme!
- Have a craft night – paint, sew (here are some simple felt sewing ideas), draw…etc!
- Head to your local library – stock up on reading material or even sit in on story time!
- Have a game night – pull out those board games and cards!
- Unplug – Turn off the cell phone, TV, computer and just reconnect with your wonderful family!
- Go bird watching – see how many different types of birds you can spot. Maybe bring along a bird book from the library.
- Build an indoor fort – camp out in it or have a picnic in it!
- Check out the free community events offered in your area
- Make a list of activities you want to do during the Summer
- Go for a walk
- Have a yard sale and set up a lemonade stand that the kids can man.
- Clip and organize coupons. Make it a game for the kids.
- Help an elderly neighbour or friend
- Visit a playground and actually play together
Many of these ideas can be adapted to every season, but the important thing is that you get out there and have fun together as a family! Enjoy each other!
What other free or cheap activities can you suggest?