It’s time to start the Eating from the Pantry & Freezer Challenge!
I told you last week that I’d be sharing my goals and plans, so here’s what I’ve got in mind:
My number one goal is to clean out the pantry and freezers, especially the freezers! It seems like we’re always throwing stuff out because it gets lost for far too long. 🙁
Also, I think it’s important to say to make this challenge your own. Decide what will work best for you to help you clear out your pantry and freezer while still making it a challenge. Maybe this means you won’t be buying any household items (toilet paper, toothpaste..etc) because you really do have enough to get you through until the end of the challenge. Or maybe you realize that you have a ton of stuff to go through so you can actually do the challenge for 5 weeks. Make it yours!
Now, how am I going to make this happen?
I took inventory of our pantry and freezers (and discovered that I don’t have as much meat as I thought)! Here’s what I’ll be working with:
- Some shredded chicken
- a couple of packs of Ground beef
- Taco meat
- Pulled pork
- Plenty of flour, oatmeal, rice, pasta, quinoa
- Lots of dried beans and lentils
- Lots of frozen fruit (peaches, strawberries, mixed berries, raspberries)
- Frozen vegetables
- Chicken nuggets/fries
- Puff pastry
- Apple sauce
- Premade butter chicken and Coconut curry (No one will eat it but me!)
- Frozen bananas
- And lots more!
I’m actually quite shocked at how much I found and I’m sure I could do this challenge for longer than I have planned!
Don’t forget to join the Simply Frugal Pantry Challenge Facebook group! I want it to be a place where we share meal inspiration, tips and more!
Here’s what we’ll be eating until next Sunday
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Lunch: Tomato soup
- Dinner: Taco bar
- Breakfast: Banana muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Chicken noodle soup
- Dinner: Ham, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables
- Breakfast: Overnight oatmeal
- Lunch: Smoothies
- Dinner: Chicken in basil cream sauce, Greek quinoa, steamed vegetables
- Breakfast: Waffles with Berry sauce and whipping cream
- Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas
- Dinner: Fettucine Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Raw carrots
- Brunch: Oatmeal/cereal
- Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwhiches
- Dinner: At my parents
On Monday, April 23, I’ll be back with my next menu plan!