Here’s my update from last week
I took a little hiatus last week since we had family visiting and we were all over the place! We feasted on burgers, hot dogs, pizza… all the healthy stuff 😉 Needless to say, we still have quite a bit of stuff in our pantry and freezer!
This week should be different so we should be going through quite a bit of stuff.
Getting creative with what you have left
At this point in the challenge you may have come to a point where you need to be creative when it comes to using up what you have an abundance of and filling the spaces of those things you wish you could go out and buy.
There are a few great websites out there that will come up with some recipes for the ingredients you already have on hand. All Recipes is one of them. Simply input the ingredients you have and the ingredients you don’t have and it will pull up a list of recipes you could make! Recipe Matcher, Supercook and Ingredient Chef are also good resources!
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:
Since not many of my planned meals got made last week, you’ll see some recycled meals on this week’s menu.
- Breakfast: Refrigerator oatmeal
- Lunch: Smoothies
- Dinner: Asian Vegetable Pasta (with chicken and using healthy ramen noodles from Costco), artisan bread in the slow cooker
- Brunch: Waffles or pancakes
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour meatballs, mashed potatoes, veggies
- Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Oven roasted Sausage, potatoes, carrots and peppers
- Breakfast: refrigerated oatmeal
- Lunch: Potato soup
- Dinner: Quiche, salad
- Breakfast: muffins, yogurt, fruit
- Lunch: Egg salad sandwich
- Dinner: Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Lime, Roasted potatoes, steamed veggies
- Brunch: Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast
- Dinner: Leftovers
- Breakfast: French Toast from the freezer with strawberries and whipped cream
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: At my parents
Now it’s your turn, what’s your update and what will you be eating this week?