This was such a big hit in past years, that I took the time to update it with this year’s dates! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Are you living in the Okanagan or planning on taking a trip there this summer? The Okanagan happens to be the place I call home, so I thought I’d create a guide full of fun, frugal activities that take place in the land of sun. The goal is for this to be The Ultimate Frugal Okanagan Summer Activity Guide. If you have an event or know of a really cool place to visit, let me know and I’ll add it to the list!
- Lake Country Farmer’s Market: Fridays from 3pm – 7pm. June – September.
- Osoyoos Farmer’s Market: Saturdays from 9am – 1pm. May through September.
- Armstrong Farmer’s Market: Saturdays from 8am – 12pm. End of April – middle of October.
- Salmon Arm Farmers Market: Saturdays from 9am – 1pm. May – October.
- Vernon Farmer’s Market: Mondays and Thursdays from 8am – 1pm. April – October.
- Kelowna Farmer’s Market: Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8am – 1pm. April – October.
- Naramata Community Market: Wednesdays from 4:00pm – 7:00pm. June – September.
- Penticton Farmer’s Market: Saturdays from 8:30am – 1pm. April to October.
- Westbank Farmer’s Market: Saturdays 9am – 1pm. July 2 – September 24.
- Summerland Farmer’s Market: Sundays 9am – 1pm. June 26 – September 25.
- Peachland Farmer’s Market: Sundays 10am – 2pm. May 29 – Last Sunday in September.
- Sun Peaks & Region Farmers’ Market – Sundays 9:30am – 1:30pm. June 19 – October 9.
Food & Wine:
The Okanagan is well know for its award winning wines and wineries. Many of them offer free tours and wine tastings.
- Vineyard and Winemaking Tour – in Oliver – Each weekend in July, 11am – 3pm.
- Okanagan Wine Festivals – They have a great list of events that happen all year long.
- Cider Tasting – at BX Press Cidery. Tastings are daily from 10am – 5pm.
- Gasthaus on the Lake – in Peachland
- Okanagan Feast of Fields – at Wiseacre Farm Distillery in Kelowna – September 18, 2022.
- Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery – Tastings available all day Monday – Saturday.
- Diner en Blanc – in Kelowna at a secret location – July 7, 2022
- Okanagan Grocery Artisan Breads Bakery – in Kelowna – Open Tuesday – Saturday 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Okanagan Bakehouse: in Vernon – Open Tuesday – Saturday 8am – 5pm.
- Carmelis Goat Cheese tours – in Kelowna – Friday – Monday from 11am to 5pm
- Farmstrong Cider Company – In Armstrong – Open Thursday – Sunday 12pm – 8pm
- Farm to Table Tours – in Kelowna
- Osoyoos Cherry Fiesta & Canada Day Celebration: in Osoyoos July 1.
- Celebrate Canada Day – in Kelowna July 1
- Music in the Park – “The Goods” – in Armstrong July 1, 7pm – 9pm
- Canada Day Celebrations in Penticton: in Penticton July 1.
- Peachland Canada Day events – in Peachland – July 1.
- Many Hat’s Theatre Company Presents: Off The Grid – in Penticton Thursdays – Sundays July 7 – 30, 2022.
- Caravan Farm Theatre Presents: Blackhorse – in Armstrong July 12 – August 17, 2022.
- 11th Annual Retro Concert Weekend – at Sun Peaks August 26 – 28, 2022.
- Parks Alive – in Kelowna at various parks
- Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival – in Salmon Arm August 18 – 21, 2022.
- Lake Country Art Walk – in Lake Country September 10 – 11, 2022.
- Craft and Country, Beer and Music Mountain Festival – at Big White July 16, 2022.
- We like to boast about all our amazing beaches here in the Okanagan. Take a look at this list of the Best Okanagan Beaches.
U-Pick Fruit & Fruit Stands:
- See here for another great list of fruit stands and u-pick fruit places in the Okanagan.
- Local Fruit Stands to watch for in Peachland: Buchanan Rd, Drought Hill, Elliot Drive, Turner Avenue, Hwy 97
- Rattlesnake Island Swim – in Peachland August 6, 2022.
- Canada Cup DH Race – at Silver Star Mountain Resort, July 8 – 10, 2022.
- Slay the Dragon – at Silver Star Mountain Resort, June 25, 2022.
- Kelowna Across the Lake Swim – in Kelowna on Okanagan Lake July 16, 2022.
- Peach Classic Triathlon – in Penticton July 17, 2022.
- Spartan Race – at Big White Ski Resort, August 27 – 28, 2022.
- Okanagan Granfondo – in Penticton July 10, 2022.
- Funtastic Slo Pitch Tournament – in Vernon June 30 – July 3, 2022.
The Okanagan has many amazing golf courses to play! Enjoy one round or make a vacation out of it! See this list of Okanagan Golf Courses.
Festivals, Fairs & Community Events:
- Lumby Days – in Lumby June 10 – 12, 2022.
- Peach City Beach Cruise – in Penticton from June 24 – 26, 2022.
- Penticton Elvis Festival – in Penticton from June 23 – 26, 2022.
- Great Train Robbery & BBQ – in Summerland starting June 19. 1:30pm and 4pm.
- Okanagan Military Tattoo – in Vernon July 23 – 24, 2022.
- Penticton Peach Festival – in Penticton August 3 – 7, 2022.
- Interior Provincial Exhibition & Stampede – in Armstrong August 31 – September 4, 2022.
- Salmon Arm Fall Fair – in Salmon Arm September 9 – 11, 2022.
- Sunshine Festival – in Vernon June 18, 2022.
- Funtastic Music Festival & Ball Tournament – in Vernon June 30 – July 3, 2022.
- Westside Daze– in West Kelowna July 8 – 10, 2022.
- Summer Reading Club – at Okanagan libraries. Check your local branch for times and dates.
- Craft & Country Mountain Fest – at Big White Ski Resort, July 16, 2022.
Father’s Day Events:
- 19th Annual Father’s Day Car Show: at Kelowna City Park, June 19, 2022 from 11am- 4pm
Places of interest:
Vernon & Area:
- Davison Orchards
- Splashdown Waterslides
- Allan Brooks Nature Centre
- Caetani Cultural Centre
- Downtown Murals in Vernon
- O’Keefe Ranch
- Okanagan Science Centre
- Oyama Ziplines
- Silver Star Mountain Resort
- Falkland Museum & Heritage Park
- Vernon Dog Parks
- Vernon Museum
- Village Green Shopping Centre
- Starlight Drive-In Theatre
- Log Barn
- Vernon Playgrounds
- Vernon Public Art Gallery
- Powerhouse Theatre
- Village Cheese
Kelowna & Area:
- Kangaroo Creek Farm
- Okanagan Lavender and Herb Farm
- Okanagan Military Museum
- Kelowna Art Gallery
- Lake Country Art Gallery
- Alternator Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Gellatly Nut Farm
- Myra Canyon Adventure Park
- Safari Ridge Adventure Park
- Scandia Golf & Games
- The Jammery
- Geert Maas Sculpture Gardens
- Okanagan Heritage Museum
- Kelowna Community Theatre
- Okanagan Symphony Orchestra
- Farm to Table
- Orchard Park Shopping Centre
- Big White Ski Resort
- Paynter’s Fruit Market
Penticton & Area:
- Parrot Island Sanctuary
- Peachland Museum
- Little Schoolhouse
- Beach Ride Rental Co.
- Penticton River Channel
- ZipZone Adventure Park
- Kettle Valley Steam Railway
- Cherry Lane Shopping Centre
- Linden Gardens
- LocoLanding Adventure Park
- Penticton Museum
- SS Sicamous Paddle Wheeler and Heritage Park
Okanagan Tourism Websites:
- Tourism Vernon
- Armstrong Tourism
- Enderby Tourism
- Tourism Kelowna
- Lake Country Tourism
- West Kelowna Tourism
- Summerland Tourism
- Peachland Tourism
- Tourism Penticton
- Okanagan Falls Tourism
- Oliver Tourism
- Naramata Tourism
- Osoyoos Tourism
Looking for deals?
Groupon has a ton of local discounted restaurants, spas, things to do and more! Check it out for great savings on the things you want to do in the Okanagan.