52 Ways to Save: Use Those Cash Back Apps
As I’ve previously mentioned, I’m not a huge coupon user for various reasons. But one thing that I can really get on board with is all these cash-back apps that are available! I get quite a bit of use out of Checkout 51, Snap, Zweet, Cartsmart and Save.ca’s app.
Here is how I make these apps work for our lifestyle:
- I don’t make a shopping list based on the rebates they have available
- After I’m finished shopping I peruse the list of rebates and if there are items I have purchased on the lists, I go ahead with filing my receipt.
This way, I’m not buying (or getting really cheap) stuff that we won’t use or eat. Every nickel adds up when I’m buying things that will just get wasted in the end!
What I especially love is the rebates for fresh produce! It’s not often you see a coupon for that! I’ve also taken advantage of the recent rebates for wine which we’ve bought for gifts.
For this week’s post on 52 Ways to Save, I wanted to create an Ultimate Guide to the Cash-Back Apps we have available to us in Canada. Sound good? Lets get started!
In a nutshell:
Every Thursday morning, Checkout 51 updates with a new list of offers. All you have to do is pick the ones you like, purchase them at any store, and upload a photo of your receipt through our mobile app or website. When your account reaches $20, we send you a check.
How Checkout 51 works
- Browse your offers and buy products at any store in Canada. (excluding Quebec)
- Upload your receipt using Checkout 51. Photos must be clear and readable. You must send a photo of the entire receipt. If you have a long receipt, you can add “sections”.
- They’ll confirm your purchase and credit your account.
- When your account balance reaches $20, you can choose to cash out and they’ll mail you a check.
Other Key Guidelines
- Anyone can use Checkout 51. They have an app for smartphones and you can even use it on your computer.
- Offers go live on Thursdays at 12:00 AM in each time zone. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM in each time zone. You must upload your receipts while the offers are live.
- Offers are available in limited quantities. Be sure to check your offer list before you go shopping to ensure that the offer is still available. Make sure to upload your receipt immediately after purchase to avoid disappointment!
- A quantity of one of each rebate offer is eligible for Cash Back per member.
- Each receipt can only be used once.
- You can only earn Cash Back for the exact product listed, so please read carefully.
- Products must be purchased in your country of registration. We currently support the United States (the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia, and Overseas US Military Bases) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Receipts uploaded must be in English.
- Items purchased from online retailers are eligible for Cash Back. Itemized packing slips are accepted as proof of purchase. Online purchases are subject to the same upload timelines as receipts.
Can I use a Coupon with my Rebate offer?
Yes! You can earn Checkout 51 Cash Back in combination with any other coupon or discount unless otherwise stated. This is a great way to get free or nearly free items each week!
When Will I get my Cash Back?
You are able to cash out and receive a cheque once your account reaches $20 or more. Cheques are sent out via snail mail within 7 business days.
Snap by Groupon
In a Nutshell:
Groupon created Snap to help shoppers everywhere get a great deal at the grocery store.
We partner directly with top brands to bring you cash-back offers on the products you need and love, from fruits and vegetables to beauty supplies and household cleaners.
Snap is like having grocery coupons on your mobile phone, but even better. Our offers work at any store, and you never have to hassle with clipping or redeeming paper coupons.
How Snap Works
To get started, download the Snap app for iPhone or Android (or log into the Snap website). Using Snap is simple:
- Before each shopping trip, browse the list of cash-back offers
- Purchase promoted products at any store
- Snap a photo of your receipt and get cash in your account!
Where can I redeem Snap offers?
At any store! To get your cash back, simply use the ‘Snap Receipt’ feature to upload your receipt. We don’t care where you shop – we just need proof that you purchased one or more promoted products so that we can add cash to your account.
Can I redeem multiple offers on one receipt?
Yes! Once you snap a photo of your receipt, you will be able to select all cash-back offers you’ve purchased.
Can I redeem each offer more than once?
Sometimes! We try to have as few restrictions as possible on our offers, so you can often multiply your cash-back by purchasing several units of the promoted product. Each offer’s redemption limit is clearly noted on its details page.
How long does it take for my receipt to be approved?
We strive to approve all receipts within 48 hours. However, due to the number of receipts being uploaded, we are currently taking longer to process receipts. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to contact customer support with any concerns.
How do I get paid?
When you have earned $20 or more in cash back, you can request payment. Go to ‘My Account’ page and select ‘Cash Out’.
What devices can I use Snap on?
Snap can be used on a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer – just download our app for iOS or Android, or visit us online at snap.groupon.com.
How do I upload a long receipt?
When uploading long receipts, take multiple photos of your receipt to ensure you capture all data – top to bottom.
When do offers expire?
Offers expire either when the maximum number of redemptions has been reached or the product program has concluded. Expired offers will either be hidden or clearly marked as unavailable.
When will my payment arrive?
Typically, payments are sent within two weeks of request but may take up to sixty days.
How do I share Snap with friends?
Go to the ‘Refer A Friend‘ section of the app and invite your friends. You’ll get paid $1.00 for each friend who joins Snap through your Referral Link and redeems their first eligible offer!
In a Nutshell:
Zweet is a mobile app on iOS and on Android that makes it simple and easy to save on your favorite products without the hassle of finding, cutting and bringing coupons to the store. Zweet is currently available in Canada and will launch in the US in 2015.
How does Zweet work?
- Browse & Buy – Browse the Zweet offers and purchase the products at any store.
- Scan Your Receipt – Use the Zweet App to snap a picture of your receipt.
- Get Cash Back – Yep, cash! And points for future rewards
Other Key Guidelines:
- You can combine a Zweet offer with any other in-store promotion or coupon, unless otherwise specified
- Some offers are limited to one unit item per user and some may specify that the product can be bought and claimed several times during the valid period.
- There is a limit of 1 account per person and 2 accounts per household.
- New offers are released every Wednesday and must be claimed before the following Tuesday at midnight.
- You will receive an email within 24 hours after submitting a receipt, letting you know whether or not it has been accepted.
- Each receipt can only be claimed once.
- You must earn at least $20 in cash back before you can request to be paid by cheque. Paypal will be offered in the future.
- Check payments should arrive within a 10-15 day delay.
- If your account becomes inactive after 12 months (i.e. you haven’t uploaded at least one receipt within a 12-month period), they will deduct $2 per month from your balance, up to the total amount in your account.
In a Nutshell:
No need to print, clip, or file. CartSmart does all the work for you. The more you use CartSmart, the better the deals will become. You don’t want your mailbox full of lousy deals, and neither do we.
How to Use CartSmart:
- Plan – Add SmartDeals, sale items, and other things you need in your list. You can have multiple lists if you’re a super-planner, or just one if you like to keep it simple.
- Shop – The SmartList keeps you organized and on-track in the store. While you shop, CartSmart finds even more deals for you on items in your list.
- Get Paid – Take a photo of your receipt as proof of purchase. Your trip earnings will show up in your SmartAccount*: you can decide what to do from there.
Other Key Guidelines:
- Available in the iTunes app store and Google Play
- The the other cash back apps, all you have to do is purchase participating products, take a photo of your receipt, send it in, and earn cash back.
- Quebec residents can use this app (Though some offers are not available in Quebec).
- New offers go live every Friday
- Offers are limited in quantity.
- You can cash out with as little as $5, but, you have to cash out with Paypal. Cheques are not an option.
Save.ca Cash Back
In a Nutshell:
Save.ca is excited to introduce our new Mobile Cash-Back feature! Download the app and start getting cash back by purchasing the brands and products you already love – it’s like you’re getting paid to do your shopping!
How Does it Work?
- Browse offers on the list – Our app will be updated regularly with new offers, so check back often!
- Buy products at any store – Select the offers you like, and make sure you buy the right item and size in store.
- Upload Your Receipt – Take a legible photo of your receipt and submit through the app.
- Earn $ and cash out to your PayPal account – When your receipt is processed, your account will be credited within a few days. Once you have $5, you can instantly cash out to your PayPal account.
Save.ca has the only cash-back app that uses PayPal to get you money back. It’s the easiest, quickest and most reliable method to get you spending less and saving more!
Connect your PayPal account by selecting the burger menu on the top left corner of the app and choosing ‘My Account’. From here, go to ‘Profile’ and then ‘View PayPal’ where you can connect the app to your PayPal account.
Once your total savings equal $5, you can opt to cash out and the funds will be deposited to your PayPal account will within minutes. Don’t want to cash out right away? No problem. Keep saving and cash out whenever you would like!
Once you’ve reached $5 in savings, you can cash out in the ‘My Account’ section of the app under the ‘Balance’ tab. Simply select ‘Cash Out’ located at the bottom of this screen and verify your PayPal email address before confirming your submission.
You will be notified via email.
You can submit a receipt for as long as the coupon is available on the Save.ca app or until it is sold out. After it is no longer available, you will not be able to submit your purchase so act quick!
Please allow 3-5 business days for your purchase to be validated.
Absolutely! Simply select the burger menu on the top left corner of the app. Here you will see a Login/Signup option.
Yes. You can see the claims you have previously submitted in the ‘My Account’ section of the app. Here you can select ‘View Claims’ to view ‘All’ claims, ‘Processed’ claims and claims that are ‘Pending.’
In a Nutshell:
Caddle pays you for your engagement, feedback, and purchases! Sign-up today and start earning Cash Back!
How to Use Caddle:
- Download the App on any Apple device or sign up on their website.
- Select Your Offer: following login, browse our weekly offers and make your selection.
- Watch The Ad: followed by a short questionnaire and get paid. The whole process takes about a minute and you can earn at a rate of about $20 an hour.
- Earn Even More: purchase the featured products, upload your receipts and receive cash back!
In order to qualify for the Cash Back Credits for the Ad & Questionnaire portion of Caddle, you must watch the full Ad and answer the full Questionnaire without exiting the app or webpage. If for some reason you do exit, the Cash Back Credits will not be credited to your account, but the offer will reset for you when you’re ready again!
The Ads can up be to thirty (30) seconds long and are typically either fifteen (15) or thirty (30) seconds in length.
Each Questionnaire is a typically five (5) questions long. We know you’re busy and Caddle wants to enable you to fill little pockets of unproductive time with productive time! Each Ad & Questionnaire is designed to take about a minute or less.
At any store in Canada! To get your Cash Back Credits, simply select the ‘Upload Receipt’ or ‘Upload Image’ buttons to upload your receipt and/or image. You can shop anywhere in Canada – we just need the receipt as validate your purchases.
Of course! When uploading your receipt, just select all Cash Back offers that qualify.
That depends on the offer. Check out the restrictions and limits on each offer page for more details.
All Caddle Ad & Questionnaire offers are designed to be about a minute or less so they are quick and convenient for you. Caddle used the average time it took to watch the Ad and answer the Questionnaire and then translated that into a rough hourly rate. For a fifteen (15) second Ad and five (5) questions you get $0.25 in Cash Back Credits, and for a thirty (30) second Ad and five (5) questions you get $0.35 in Cash Back Credits.
Our goal is to process all receipts within 48 hours. However, there are certain times where due to the amount of receipts uploaded, it could take longer.
When you’ve earned $20 or more in Cash Back Credits, you can go to your account page, select ‘Cash Out’, and we’ll mail you a cheque!
Caddle can be used on any desktop computer or iOS smartphone or tablet – just download our app for iOS or visit us online at www.caddle.ca. We’re working have the Android app available soon – stayed tuned!
That depends on the offer, but typically offers are a minimum of one week long. Offers can become unavailable earlier if the maximum redemption has been reached. Make sure you’re checking Caddle frequently so you don’t miss out!
Once you make your “Cash Out” request, the cheques are usually sent out within two (2) weeks but it could take up to sixty (60) days depending on timing and location.
No, each user is permitted only one account. See www.caddle.ca/terms for more details.
Online purchases are eligible for Cash Back Credits – simply upload the itemized packing slips as your proof of purchase. Please note that online purchases are subject to the same upload timelines as receipts in order to qualify for Cash Back Credits.