Every time I post about a new Swagbucks bonus offer, I always get people wondering what Swagbucks is. Well, it’s my internet search engine of choice because I earn points called SB, which I can then redeem for Amazon gift cards, Starbucks gift cards and even PayPal cash! While there are many items you can redeem your points for, those three are my favourites.
It’s completely free to sign up, so go sign up now, then I’ll tell you my top 6 tips to earn more Swagbucks!
Tip #1 – Refer your Friends
Swagbucks has a great referral program. You get 10% of whatever your refferal’s earn for life! For example: When they earn 500 SB, you get 50 SB!
And while I’m at an advantage because I have a blog, you can still earn referrals if you have a Facebook page, Twitter account, or email address.
Start sending out invites to everyone you know. Here’s how:
- Once you have signed up for Swagbucks, go to “Refer & Earn” located at the very top Swagbucks.com.
- You can send your friends an email or post about Swagbucks on Facebook or Twitter.
I recommend updating the status of your own Facebook Page with your referral code when you win Swagbucks or when you receive a gift card. If people see you are earning free stuff, they’ll want in on the action too!
Tip #2 – Install the SwagButton
The SwagButton makes it easier to earn points (called SB). It’s an extension available for your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) that:
- notifies you if the website you are visiting offers cash back for shopping
- gives you Swag code alerts
- allows you to search the web
- allows you to watch videos to earn SB
- will give real-time alerts about new earning opportunities
Tip #3 – Follow Swagbucks on Facebook and Twitter
Not only do you earn points called SB for searching online, but there are always swag codes to be found that you can type into your account for extra points. (Log into your account then enter the code into the box that says “swag code” at the top of the page.)
You’ll want to follow the Swagbucks Facebook Page because:
- Quite often there are codes that are Facebook exclusive that are posted throughout the day.
- If there is a code somewhere else, like on the Swagbucks Blog, other users will let you know.
You want to follow Swagbucks on Twitter because:
- When a Swag code becomes “live” you ‘ll know within a few minutes on Twitter because everyone tweets or retweets.
- Swagbucks themselves post Swag codes.
Tip #4 – Follow the Swagbucks blog
You want to follow the Swagbucks Blog because:
- Swagbucks releases Swag codes on the blog.
- You’ll be in the know with all of their extra earning opportunities.
Tip #5 – Watch Swagbucks TV
Under the “Earn your SB” section on the left side of the Swagbucks homepage, click on “Watch”. After you watch 10 different videos (they range in length from one minute to five minutes) you’ll earn three SB. The Swagbucks Meter moves from 0-100% as you watch the videos. You can win up to 25 times a day for a total of 75 points!
Although this may be tedious, if you’re doing something on your computer anyways, you could turn the volume down and still tinker away!
Tip # 6 – Do the Daily Polls
Click on the “Earn” tab on the Swagbucks homepage and then click “Daily Poll”. Take the Daily Poll and you’ll win one point. This isn’t the biggest reward out there. But it takes 10 seconds and every Swagbuck adds up!
Bonus Tips – Enter your birthday into your account. You’ll earn 50 points for doing that! Also, there are many other ways to earn if you look under the “Earn your SB” section of the left sidebar on the Swagbucks homepage. Canadians can now Shop & Earn! See this Shop & Earn post for more details.
I hope this helps those of you that want to earn more and those that want to know what Swagbucks is! Happy earning!
(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.)