Forget the candy this Valentine’s Day! Make a really cute and simple DIY heart shirt for the ladies in your house! Perfect for Valentine’s Day at school or really, to wear year round. (I think hearts look great anytime of year.) 🙂
I’m thinking you could also use the same template on a tote bag or pillow case. They would look equally as adorable! That’s the nice thing about crafting though, you get to put it on any little thing that makes you happy. Now, read along, I’m off to make my own heart shirt. 😉
Here’s how to make a DIY Heart Shirt:
- White shirt of your choice
- Tulip fabric markers (pink, light pink, red)
- Heart printable
- Piece of cardboard/couple sheets paper
1. Print out your heart stencil “here“.
2. Lay your shirt flat, and place a piece of cardboard or a few sheets of paper inside the shirt, right under where your design will go.
3. Cut out your printable and place it on the front of your shirt.
4. Take all the caps off your markers so they are ready to use.
5. Hold the heart into the shirt using one hand and hold your marker in the other, using only the tips of your marker begin dotting around the heart almost like you are tracing it.
6. You want to have a lot of dots directly around the heart then have then fade away the further you go.
7. Now switch colors (do this 3 times).
8. You can always go back if you don’t have enough dots.
9. Now move your heart stencil out of the way.
10. Let dry for 24 hours before you wash but after that these markers are permanent.