I have a really fun project for you today! This simple and quick monster sock puppet tutorial is sure to kick some summer boredom to the curb. At least for a little while! 😉 Heck, it keeps me entertained for a while! Sienna thinks he’s pretty cool too, even though she can’t quite figure out how to open and close the mouth. This craft is perfect if you’re on a budget. I found everything at the dollar store!
Here’s how to make a Monster Sock Puppet:
- 1 pair of fuzzy socks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Googly eyes
- Pom Pom balls
- Cut a cardboard circle that will fit in your sock for the mouth and then fold in half.
- Trace the circle twice onto your piece of felt, cut out, and glue to both sides of the cardboard.
- Cut the toe off the end of your sock, roll the edges around the felt covered cardboard, and hot glue in place to make your mouth.
- Hot glue googly eyes to 2 pom pom balls and glue above mouth for eyes.
- For back spines, cut two long strips of felt and hot glue half of it together, leaving two flaps.
- Separate flaps and hot glue to back of the sock.
- Decorate as you desire, we added extra pom pom balls and a felt bow tie.
And here’s the finished product! Feel free to customize this guy however you like!