If you’re looking for a really easy and cheap upcycling project, look no further than this one! Create a unique jewelry holder in a day! I love this project because it solves some jewelry organization issues without spending a lot of money. In fact, I spent just $0.25 on the old cheese grater and used a can of spray paint that I already had on hand. I’m going to hang it on the wall so I can hang some necklaces from the bottom too.
Here’s how to make this DIY Upcycled Jewelry Holder:
- Old cheese grater, cleaned – I found mine at the local thrift store for only $0.25!
- Spray paint in the color of your choice. I highly recommend Rust-o-leum because it typically contains a primer and colour so it’s all-in-one and super easy to use. A can is about $4-$5 at major retailers and there are a ton of fun colors to choose from.
1. Lay down some old newspaper or an old sheet in a well ventilated area such as a garage. Evenly spray your paint over one side of the cheese grater evenly coating it with paint. (see photo)
2. Allow to dry several hours.
3. Spray the paint over it evenly again giving it a second coat. Allow to dry completely – even overnight if you have the time. I’m always picky about my projects and like giving them ample time to dry because if they chip or smudge it’s very frustrating.
4. Once you’ve painted the front of your grater repeat with the back side evenly coating it and then allowing it to completely dry before giving it another coat.
That’s it! Super easy and a really quick DIY gift or a great organization project for yourself! Have you finished any neat upcycling projects lately?